Chapter 44-The Afterlife

I appear in a place so beautiful but everything was white. I stand on a golden platform and look around, curious as to where I am. "Hi there Alexis." I look around cluelessly as to where the voice came from. Nothing. I see no one.

"Who are you and why have you brought me here?" I frantically look around, hoping to see someone just anyone. I feel like I am hearing voices. What is wrong with me?! "Calm down Alexis. I am not going to hurt you."

Something or more like someone appears. She floats in the air about one or two feet off the ground. She had stunning features like a goddess would. You couldn't see any flaw in her. She was just too perfect. "Hello there, I am the Moon Goddess." My jaw dropped literally. She didn't just speak to me.

"How? What?" A moment of consciousness came my way. "Did I die by any chance?" The only reply I got was her laugh. Did the Moon Goddess just laugh at what I said? This is odd. "Yes and no. You almost got killed but I saved you." She can do that?! "Why did you save me? I mean I could have been dead by now."

"It's not your time yet, my dear. You still have a lot more to accomplish. Come and follow me." She walks, no, more like flies and I follow behind her cautiously. "I have watched you over the years. You have been through so much."

"Yes, I did," I mutter softly. "I am sorry to make you go through all of that but your fate has been set the moment you were born. I couldn't meddle with it but I watched you and gave you strength and hope for you to be who you are today."

"If you knew I was having such a tough life, why did you save me?!" That came out way harsher than I expected. " I know you are angry and nothing I say will be able to lessen your pain but I want to help you. From this moment on, I will help you feel better. I just can't let you die like that when you are at your weakest. The Alexis I know will always fight back. That is why I brought you here. It is to make you stronger and unbreakable."

"I am tired of fighting over and over again. I just want to feel at peace. I want to reunite with my mom and stay with her in the afterlife. That is all I wish for but now, you are taking that chance away from me. " The Moon Goddess looks at me sympathetically.

"Since I can't convince you to stay, I can grant your final wish but are you sure you want to make this decision? What about your loved ones that you have left behind? Your dad? Your husband and even your daughter?"

I was speechless. She was persuading me to stay. To continue to fight for my life but was I willing to do that?

"I have made my decision."

-

"Mom, is that really you?" The woman standing alone turns around, I run to her and wrap my arms around her. "I missed you so much and I am sorry for everything I did to you."

"Alexis, what happened to you? You didn't try to k-," I interrupted her.

"No, Mom. I would never do that." Mom looks at me lovingly and pats my head lightly. "Mom, I just want you to know that in the afterlife, just enjoy and feel at peace okay? I know that you may worry about me but don't, I am more than capable to take care of myself."

"I know you are. My baby girl has grown up so much." Tears fill my mom's eyes. I wipe them away. "I will join you when my time comes. I promise."

"Take your time, don't rush my dear. I will be here waiting for you with open arms." We said our last goodbyes before I disappear to where I was supposed to be.

-

"Did you meet your mom?" I nod at the Moon Goddess. "Good, so how is she?" I smile at the moment that my mom and I shared not long ago.