Chapter 12-An Unexpected Visitor

Taylor.

She was standing there, her eyes glassy. I stood rooted to the ground. I can't believe she is here. My 18 year old sister is really here. How did she know I was here?

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Taylor engulfed me in a hug. Taylor hugged me like never before. Her hug meant something more. She is relief that I am safe. I missed her so much. I wrapped my arms around her and I could feel her sobbing in my shoulders.

Why was my sister crying? Until I remembered that we weren't real siblings. Did she find out? To me, she is a true older sister. She was there whenever I needed her. She complimented and praised me for the little things that I did since I was young. What kept me going was how she made me feel loved. 2 years ago, Taylor turned 16 and she found her mate who happens to be an Alpha and naturally, she moved into his pack.

Parting with her was the most painful experience in my life. At that point in time, I was going through the toughest time of my life and I wanted to have her by my side. I knew she felt bad for not being by my side but I manage to dismiss that feeling from her by continuously reassuring her that I was was going to be fine. I understood the reason that she had to go. It was for the good of others. I couldn't afford to be selfish. She had a pack whom she needed to take care of as a Luna.

At that moment, everyone seemed like they had something to say to me.

"Taylor, let's sit down for a moment and talk. " I gestured to the king-sized bed and she nods. Her eyes were red and puffy. Guilt consumed me yet again. Why am I one to make people cry and suffer?

"Why were you crying? " I gave her a small smile, a hint of sadness flowed through my body. She took a deep breath before speaking. "I found out that we aren't real siblings." She stated, averting eye contact from me. "That doesn't mean we are still not siblings." I squeeze her hand lightly.
She just gives me a sad smile.

"I don't care if we have different parents or even different families. You are part of what I call my family. You were the one to stick with me through thick and thin. You were the one who made me experience all kinds of things. You were the one who raised me and shaped me to who I am today. You were the one who made me feel comfortable, safe and loved. My family is you."

There was a moment of silence. "Faye, even after all that you have been through, you are still the lovable sister I know. "She hugs me briefly and I smile contently.

Her facial expressions changes quickly. "I heard about your argument just now."

"You know you are not alone anymore. You have me. You have Bella. You have your mate. You have to try opening up even just a little. Keeping everything to yourself is not good for you Faye. Both mentally and physically. "I sighed. I did want to open up but there is one thing that I am incapable of doing is trusting someone. All these years, the trust which I had given to others was broken. I am afraid that I will get hurt when I begin to trust someone.

"I will try." There was a lingering feeling of doubt. It won't hurt to try once more? We just sat there, chatting about each other's lives.

"I have been wanting to ask this, who is Audrey? "I took a deep breath. I can do this. I can explain to her. "She's our....sis-sister." I stuttered and I knew she would think I am lying.

"Oh, I see." She hesitantly nods. I could see she is not convinced but I made it quick to change the subject. "So how's your mate?" Her reaction was immediate and her cheeks turned a light shade of red. "He's nice, caring, possessive, gorgeous and just amazing!" She just kept listing all the good things about her mate. I would be crazy if I said I wasn't jealous.