Chapter 20-"Goodwight, Mummy" were the words she said.

My mate soon left me to investigate the incident. A little time alone was what I needed. Who is this anonymous assassinator? What is the purpose behind this assassination? I must know who is behind this.

I cannot help but think about a person who is willing to go this far. The one and only person who is after me is my UNCLE! That corrupted monster!

The type of person who would get his hands dirty. What a coward that monster is. He orders a person to go after my pack members as a warning. He thinks he can easily get me back but tonight, I will show him that I am, after all, not that easy to get.

I step into my shower where I let the cold water wash away the blood and dirt. Even then, it couldn't wash away my anger and grief.

Another life sacrificed all because of me.
.
.
.
Soon, it was past 11 at night. My mate is nowhere to be seen. Caught up with work maybe? I wait for a good fifteen minutes and he is still not here.

I make my first move by checking whether the coast is clear. I couldn't walk through the front door as I would pass by his office and we were on the same level. I carefully went through the window. I jump down and stumble a little. I managed to regain my balance and make my way towards the outskirts of the territory.

As I pace carefully to avoid any wolves patrolling, I finally reach the boundary of the territory. I scanned my surroundings, letting my werewolf senses take full control. I smelled a foreign scent. A presence appearing in front of me. "Well, well, well, I didn't think you come." The assassinator snickers and I fold my arms. "Why have you come to my territory?" I couldn't hide the fact that I am irritated.

"Nice question there. Well, I was sent by an Alpha to take out a member in this pack. I was a little surprised at first because this pack is known for being the strongest and ruthless pack. He did set a reward after all and I, as a rogue, couldn't refuse it. Ironic how it was so easy to get you." I chuckle in return. He thought I will voluntarily go with him. Well, he's damn wrong.

I lift my hand and the force held the rogue up in the air.

Fear visible on his face. "You messed with the wrong pack! I am not letting you go you murderer! This is what you get for messing with an innocent life. Any last words?" My eyes stared firmly into his.

With that, I clench my hands into a fist and he dissolves into ashes.

I have avenged for an innocent life.

I felt the weight on my shoulders disseminate.

It was time to head back before my mate realizes that I am gone. I quickly head back and walk through the front door this time and downed a glass of water to relieve my thirst.

I quietly paced up the stairs and made my way to my bedroom. Luckily, he was not there. I change into something more comfortable before collapsing on the bed.

Today has been a tiring day.

I slowly fell into a deep doze.
.
.
.

I move a little and I could only feel the blanket wrapped around me. I slowly open my eyes and they start wandering around the room.

My mate was nowhere in sight. His faint scent. He did come by. My phone showed that it is 8 in the morning. I start the day by showering and getting dressed.

After I was done, I sat on my bed and pondered about the barrier that I could put around the territory and the pack members. I visualize the territory and the barrier being put up around it. It gave me a minor headache but other than that, I was alright.