Chapter 41-I'm Only Human

After a couple of days, I felt numb. I avoided anyone I met and continued to carry on with my duties to keep myself busy. Well mostly distracted. I was pressuring my physical and mental health beyond limits.

I look at my reflection once over. I looked as if I had no sleep for the past week. It was the truth. I couldn't get any sleep. Everytime I closed my eyes, I saw him. The guy who used me. To break my relationship with Aiden. I should have known. I shouldn't have been so naive and oblivious. I keep getting fooled by other people. I am truly stupid and dumb. I condemned myself. For everything that has happened. Never be nice to just anyone because when you do they will step all over you.

I should have listened to my advisor. I just didn't thought I learned it the hard way. I sat in the car, sighing. My fingers frustratedly went through my hair. I lean back. We were now on a way to a lunch meeting where I will be meeting someone important. The car stops and one of my bodyguards help open the door. I step out, straightening my posture. I walk in with my clutch and see that person. I smile at him. "Mr Hank, nice to meet you again." I shake hands with him." Likewise."

We take a sit. He had ordered steak for the both of us and some wine. I click my glass with Hank. "I am glad that you could meet me."I nod.

"There has been some problems arising between humans and the supernatural creatures."

"What happened?"

"Vampires and Werewolves are at war. Killing each other other in human territory. Well the government is deciding to take action about this matter as human lives' are taken away innocently. I have taken my stand to negotiate with the royal family of both the Vampires and Werewolves."

"I will try my best to help." This matter is pretty serious. It will affect the agreement between the werewolves and human. I cannot let that happen. It will turn into a catastrophe if that happens.

We discuss for a while longer." Thank you Mr Hank. I will speak about this matter to my husband." I leave the restaurant.

Suddenly, I heard a loud commotion right behind me. I turn around, covering my mouth in revelation and terror. A guard was lying on the ground with blood flowing out of his head. My other bodyguards was holding a woman who held a rock, stained with blood. "MY HUSBAND WAS KILLED BECAUSE OF YOU HEARTLESS BASTARDS!"

I kneel down, reaching out to the guard. I place my hand on his wound and waited for my powers to heal him. I stand up when his wound is all healed."Bring him to the hospital for a checkup." I ordered my bodyguards.

Bella passes me a handkerchief and I take it to wipe the blood stained on my hands. I enter the car once again to make my way back home.

~

"Come dear, let's take a walk." Emily pulls me aside to talk to me.

"What did you want to talk to me about Emily?" Why did I bother asking when I knew the reason behind this walk?

"You know why."

"Alexis, you and Aiden have gone through a lot for the past four years. The both of you have been each other's pillar of support. I see that you really love him and that you will never go to another man just to pleasure yourself.

I believe in you Alexis. Aiden is now clouded in anger which makes him think irrationally. You have to win back his trust. You have to show him that you are there for him and that all of this mess is to test your relationship with him. Falling in love was not easy but neither is staying in love. The both of you have to fight for each other. For what you have. He has been there for you during your best and worst times. Now it is your turn to be there for him. For my son."