Chapter 5-Mate

After we were cleaned up, I fed Audrey. She fell asleep afterwards so we are currently in another room which is a guest bedroom. "Now, tell me what happened." Bella looks at me, full of curiosity once I made myself comfortable. I take a deep breath before talking.

"A few days ago, when I entered our school and you were talking with Adrian." I paused, taking yet another deep breath. "They abused and raped me the night before and the bruises were still fresh. I didn't want to tell you I was in so much pain. You looked happy and I didn't want to ruin your mood." I close my eyes for a moment before continuing.

"During lunch that day, I remember you asking me why I was only eating a sandwich and an apple, the reason was because my cheek was swollen. I covered it up with makeup so nobody would get suspicious." Bella appeared guilty and hurt. Tears were threatening to come out. I bit my lip. I didn't want to cry. Not right now at least.

"And then that same day, I dreaded going home. I didn't want to go to the place I am forced to call 'home'. When I reached home, I heard screams and cries of a child and I immediately ran to the kitchen where the screams came from. There, I saw my worst fears come true. Mom was hitting Audrey and I protected her. Mom walked away and I took that as my chance to bring Audrey into my room. She cried and it broke my heart. I blamed myself for not coming back earlier and protecting her.I-I-If only....I-I-I had come....e-earlier,"I was crying and attempting to speak at the same time. I was reliving the nightmare while speaking about it. Bella hugs me. I thank the moon goddess for blessing me with a best friend like her.

"T-t-then I snapped, I packed our stuff and left through my bedroom window along with Audrey. I couldn't leave her alone to suffer and I didn't have the heart to leave her behind. They would take advantage of her instead. I didn't want her to have a childhood like I did. "I choked out the last sentence. I don't regret it. She has someone to help her which is me when I didn't. I don't want her to feel helpless...hopeless...I don't want another me and I will make sure that it stays that way.

I couldn't talk anymore as my cries took over. I finally let it all out. The emotions that I had been holding on. I couldn't take it anymore. I didn't want to seem weak. I was sick of crying but there's a part of me which feels overwhelmed.

I sometimes forget that I am only sixteen years old. I am a teenager myself, how am I going to take care of Audrey? I never thought of that at all. How immature!

I cried harder. Bella tightened her grip on me. "It's okay. You are not alone anymore." She rubs my back. I feel at ease, listening to those words.

I took deep breaths and muttered a thank you to Bella. She really is here and I'm no longer alone. I'm not dreaming, right? This is real. If it's a dream, I didn't want to wake up from it. I release my grip on her and her eyes are clouded. She is mind linking someone. "We need to go meet my Alpha." I nod.

We walk down the corridor that leads to a flight of stairs and walk up. My palms begin sweating. I could hear my heart beating loudly. I was nervous. At the same time, a bunch of questions raided my mind. What if the Alpha kick us out? Where would we stay?

My thoughts were interrupted when my nose catches a scent. An intoxicating scent. The scent comes from two big doors. The scent excites my wolf. She keeps yelling at me to follow it. I couldn't help but feel excited. I wonder who it belongs to. As Bella knocks first before opening the door, I look up to see Adrian with another guy. I look at the guy and my wolf shouts 'Mate!'. I stood frozen in place, staring at him.

My eyes captured by the most brilliant blue eyes I have ever seen. It seemed when I looked into those eyes time stood still. Everything stopped moving around me and the only thing I could focus on was my own heartbeat and him. I hear my wolf howling in joy, rejoicing that she had found her mate.

"Mate." We said in unison. Bella and Adrian took it as their queue to leave. Wait, he's the Alpha. We're mates. Oh gosh! Memories of them clouded my mind. I vowed to myself to never think about it but now looking at my mate made them come back. I took in deep breaths to calm down. I couldn't. This was too much to take in....

Usually, any wolf would be happy if they found their mate but I was feeling the opposite of that. I was panicking. "Are you okay?"My mate asked with concern in his eyes. He attempts to come closer to me but I took a step back.

"My name is Aiden.What is yours?" His voice was so sweet. I could listen to it every time and never get bored. I shake that thought away. My mind focusing on my anxiety instead. "Faye." I mumbled. "I like your name Faye." He commented with a smile. He seems nice. I wanted to give him a bear hug but a part of me was hesitating, stopping me from doing so. He motions for me to sit down and I do.

"Let me introduce myself properly. My name is Aiden Black. I am eighteen. I am also the Alpha of the Black Moon Pack. I have two siblings and I am the oldest son of my two parents. My siblings are Adrian Black who is sixteen years old and Ariana Black who happens to be the same age as Adrian. They are actually twins. My parents are Emily and Aaron Black. My Beta is Ashton Zachary. My Third in command is Adrian as you already know. I took over the pack just this year as I turned eighteen. How about you, Faye?" He asked me.

What am I suppose to say? That I don't have people whom I can call family. That my father tortured me mentally and physically. That I was raped by my own Uncle. Or that I was abused by my Aunt.

"I don't have a family." I whispered. A traitorous tear slides down. My mate reaches out and wipes it. I could feel sparks ignite from his touch. My heart beats irregularly. "Why haven't you rejected me yet?" I let the question slip out. My wolf growled at me. I couldn't help it. "Because you are my mate." Aiden growled and I flinched. His eyes soften, seeing my reaction.

That's when I got angry for some reason. "What's so good about me being your mate! I am weak, can't you see! I am a whore! I am someone who everyone hates. Why are you so happy that I am your mate. Can't you see that I am useless! I'm unattractive. I don't deserve to live anymore! They did this to me! They made me hate the idea of a mate! They made me hate myself! This is all my fault! For not being pretty or strong enough! I hate myself! I hate you!" I yelled at him. I immediately regretted it and moved a step back.

His face showed hurt and sadness .I knew I would shut him out. What is happening to me? I am usually not like this. I don't know why I got angry at him. It felt like I was slowly changing into a whole other person.

I don't deserve him. He's too good for me. I shouldn't be his mate. There are so many girls out there who is so much better than me. I don't understand why the moon goddess would pair me up with him.

I wanted to get out of here. Now. It felt like the room was caving me in. I turn around a little too fast. My head starts spinning, leading to my hazy vision. I take a step forward and the next thing I know I was on the floor.

"FAYE!" Was all I heard when darkness took over.

-------

Hey lovelies! Back with Chapter 5 and I decided to put a title for every chapter. Hope you guys loved it and await for Chapter 6! Sorry for any grammar mistakes. I will update soon!

What do you guys think will happen to Faye and Aiden. The Faden couple!

Will Faye trust Aiden? Will Faye be able to put the past behind?

Thank you for 46 reads and 1 vote!I really appreciate it!Thank you and hope you guys would look forwards to the next chapter!