Chapter 40-Overnight

I move groggily under Aiden's hold. Our bodies close to each other. Last night was incredible. He knew just how to make me feel loved. I was still a little sore but I got up slowly, moving my way out of Aiden's hold without waking him up. I exhale silently after the short cardio. Man when he holds me, he holds me really tight.

I shake the empty jug in the small coffee table located in the corner of the room. I shake my head disapprovingly. I have to get dressed just to get water. I delayed my time further, contemplating on whether to go down or not.

I pressed the elevator button frustratedly. Ughhh, it took me long enough. Once the elevator stops, arriving to the level, I step out. I walk towards the kitchen where it was left deserted. I open up my hand for fire to appear to light my way.

It does. I walk towards the jugs of water placed on the counter and took a glass. I poured the water and drank it quickly. I hear someone approaching. "Who is that?" The person came out and he happens to be a man. A guard perhaps. "Queen Alexis, I didn't expect to see you here." He bows respectfully.

"I didn't expect to meet you too. I better take my leave now." He puts a hand in front of me as if indicating for me not to go. "Will you please stay for a drink with me? I want to ask you about something." I look back to the jug of water and to him. I stayed put and turned around to rinse my glass. "So what did you want to ask me about? "

I face him again and he hands me a glass of milk. I smile and take it from him. "Well there is this girl that I really like but I don't think she feels the same way. She already has someone else she loves deeply but I believe she isn't happy with that person. What should I do?" I tapped on the glass of milk that I had a few sips of. "If you feel that way, you should ask her about her feelings. Just go for what you feel is right."

My vision blurs for a moment, leading to me releasing my grip on the glass. The sound of glass shattering fills my ears. I leaned dagainst the counter, clutching my head in pain. Suddenly, everything turns pitch black.

I shift on the soft mattress. My head pounding. I rub my temples to soothe the terrible headache. Where am I? I look around the unfamiliar room. A naked guy lays beside me. I look at my body and realize that my clothes are gone. I was only covered by a thin blanket. What happened? Out of the blue, I feel the memories of last night come back. The last thing I remembered was collapsing in the kitchen.

I look around, bewildered. What is going on? My first instinct was to get up and get dressed to get out of here. I quickly hyperventilate when I see that the guard from last night was lying there. I stumbled out of the room, rushing towards the king's chamber. I enter Aiden's room to find him sitting on our bed, his hands clutching his head in distress. "Where have you been?! I have been searching for you all morning!"

He stands up, his chest rising up and down quickly. His fists clenches and his muscle tense. I take a step closer but his nose sniffs the air, capturing an unfamiliar scent. "What is that smell?"

"I can explain." I run up towards him, taking his hand into mine.

"Did you cheat on me? Is that where you have been this whole time! Making out with another man?!"

He throws my arm away, taking a few steps to distance the both of us. "No. That was an accident. Last night, I was taking a glass of water and then suddenly this man came. He offered me a glass of milk and we chatted for a few minutes before I felt dizzy and collapsed. Please Aiden. Please believe my words." I was pleading him to believe me. It wasn't intentional. If I knew this was going to happen, I wouldn't have went downstairs.

"Excuses?!" He turns away from me, I run to his side. I was on my knees." Aiden please. Please. I love you and you only. You can feel what I am feeling right now." His face only hardens more. "Get out. I don't want to see your face anymore." He pulls from my grip, walking out the door without sparing me a glance.

"Aiden! Aiden! Don't leave me." I cried out, holding my chest. It aches. My heart. It aches so much. I felt like someone just tore my heart. I sob out loud, staring at the door. The room was no longer warm. The cold atmosphere making me shiver. I stayed in that position for a long while before getting the strength to stand up to leave.

After cleaning up, I took up the mortal courage to join my family for lunch. Not to my surprise, Aiden was missing. He wanted to avoid me as much as he could.

I went on with the day, feeling empty and sad. Muffles of whispers are heard as I walk down the hallways. I was about to lose my mind but appeared calm and pretended that I didn't hear them. "How could you as a Queen have s*x with another man?! "One of the pack started protesting and the crowd continued on. I forgot how to breathe and someone leads me out of that suffocating place.

"My Queen, are you okay?" I use the wall as a support and throw up, clenching my stomach. "Let us go back to your chamber, My Queen." I lean on Bella as she helps me walk to my room. I lay on my bed gently and begin to close my eyes. "Have some rest, Alexis." Bella covers my body with the blanket.

I slip into darkness.

"What should we do? Matters are getting out of hand. Adrian I am worried about her. I am afraid she will not be able to handle this. You have seen her for the past few years. She had a hard time adapting to all of this. I cannot let....my best friend go through that again." I hear Bella sniffle. I kept my eyes close.

"We won't. We will protect her then. I will talk to my brother. Just stay by her side at all times. I love you Bella." Adrian comforted his wife. I hear the door shut.

My eyes slowly flutter open, squirting when met with bright light. "Are you okay Alexis?" I sit up, requesting for a glass of water. I down it with a pill to heal my headache. "I need to see Aiden."

"No you can't in this condition. Your body is weak. You will faint at this rate." I kept insisting and I succeeded when I forcefully used my authority voice. I stopped by Aiden's office to overhear an argument. "I cannot accept the fact that my wife had s*x with another man?!"

"You don't know that. When she ran pass me this morning, her face was plastered with horror. She looked lost and now she is bearing the consequences of something she didn't do. Bella told me everything. The truth. That is what you are suppose to be looking for." Adrian snapped at his brother.

"Aiden, please trust your mate, she is now in bed sick. You need to be by her side." Adrian said it in a softer tone. "I don't want to see Alexis suffer again. You know what happened the last time." I do remember. It was terrifying. Words can't describe how I felt.

"Enough?! Why does everyone care about how she feels and only her?! What about me? What about my feelings?" Aiden boomed in anger and blast the door open, leaving me looking shocked. He didn't just say that. He glares at me before stomping off. "He's right."

I run off, leaving through the two main entrance of the castle. Running as fast as my legs could carry me. I tripped over a branch and met the ground with a hard impact. I felt helpless. Lost. Moon Goddess, why are you tormenting me like this? Why me?

No tears come out. I just stared into blank space. Why do I even cry? It is not like it will make things better. I do seem pathetic. I am weak. Why should anyone care about me? I am after all insignificant.

I remained in the same position as I was in for a few days without moving. I thought about what is the purpose of my life. Nothing. Nothing came to my mind. With the flick of events, my life changed completely. Droplets of water drop from the sky. Defining my emotions for the past few days. "Alexis! Alexis! "I hear someone call out to me but I ignored, pretending not to hear anything. The voice gets closer but I didn't move. "Alexis! What happened to you?!" Bella looked me over but I couldn't be bothered.

"Get out of here now." My eyes turn gold and Bella paces back, submitting to my order. Everyone retreating back to where they belong. Except for me. I was a broken being. Someone who didn't belong no matter where she went. I had a tragic fate. That was all I knew from living twenty three years of my life. I truly felt meaningful and impactful to all of my people but now I was labelled as a WHORE.

***
Hello my fellow readers, if you hadn't notice, I have made edits to the past few chapters regarding Faye's real name. Her original name was Alexis in the first few chapters of this book but I forgot and thought it was Amelia. I kindly appreciate one of my readers for pointing it out to me. I am sorry for the confusion and hope that you would still read my book after this mistake. Thank you my fellow readers for reading, voting and commenting!