Chapter 16-Heartbroken

I wanted to stretch my body as I usually do whenever I wake up but couldn't as I felt a heavy weight over my waist. I could feel my heart pounding against my chest. My back is leaning against his chest. His warmth enveloped me. I desire for us to stay like this for the rest of the day but I know he has work and I had to take care of Audrey.

I would have never envisioned in my 16 years of living this life to be lying down on the same bed as my mate. I am appreciate the Moon Goddess for giving me a chance to meet with my mate whom she paired me up with. I will never forget this special moment that I get to share with him.

His body shifted against mine. "I know you are awake princess." He whispered in my ear. My heart flutters by the closeness of our bodies.

"Did I wake you up?" I asked softly. "No silly." He pecks my hair and gets up. I could feel my cheeks heating up. I sit up and walk towards the balcony. There I saw women and men who I assume are fighters and they are being commanded by a buff guy, who looks around his late 30s to early 40s.

From where I am standing, the pack members appear serious. I watch as they had intense training and was shocked to see them fiercely training together. I was watching them in awe and admiration.

In my old pack, women were not allowed to train only men could. Alpha said only men had strength and are much smarter than women. I disagree with his ridiculous statement. Women are not weak and we are as powerful as men are. We should not be looked down upon.

Afterall my mate is the one who runs this pack. His pack seems organized and has a strong sense of unity among pack members. I am proud with the way he takes care of this pack. His pack members truly reflect all the hard work he has put in.

A pair of warm arms wrapped around my waist and I lean back a little. "You like the view?" His husky voice questions me and I nod. "Your pack is so strong and unified. I love it. You did well, Mr Alpha." I praised him.

"Did you just praise me? "He spoke in an unbelievable tone. I nod and smile at him. He lifts me up and throws kisses all over my face. I giggle. I gestured towards the bathroom and he releases his hold around me, not before pecking my nose. I smile at him before heading to the walk-in closet to grab some clothes that I can wear. I walk into the bathroom and begin to take my refreshing morning shower.

After the much pleasant shower, I walk out of the bathroom and there he was on our bed, presumably waiting for me.

As I approach him, he stands up and says, "Let's get some breakfast shall we, my dearest mate." I giggled in return at his formality and accepts his hand.

We walk hand in hand downstairs. As we walk nearer to the dining room, voices could be heard. I stopped in my tracks and Aiden stops too. "Why? Is there something wrong?" His eyes reflect concern and confusion. "Are there people in there?" I question with an unwavering voice. I am still not on that level with being comfortable in a room full of strangers.

"You are not comfortable, are you? We could always eat somewhere else." I shook my head.

"Let's eat together with the pack members." A smile etched my face.

I couldn't avoid them forever. If I continue on like this, they might have a bad impression of me. He gave me a look saying 'are you sure'. I reassured him by squeezing his hand tightly.

Just like that, we walk in the dining room hand in hand. The room silenced almost immediately and everyone bowed their head, in respect of their Alpha. I smile at the sight. Aiden acknowledges them and sits at the head of the table with me by his side. As soon as their heads raise from their bow, their prying eyes look towards me. I felt all the attention shift towards me.

"Keep your wandering eyes to yourself." His voice laced with authority made everyone go back to what they were initially doing either eating or chatting.

I silently thank him and took my portion of the mouthwatering food. I took each bite as if there is no tomorrow.

I side-eyed my mate and he was staring at me amusingly. I gave him a playful glare and went back to munching down my food.

After eating a huge amount of food, I help clear our plates. He tugs me by the hands and pecks my lips. "I have to go to my office, see you later Faye." With one last kiss on my cheek, he walks away.

After he left me to go work, I had a hard time trying to find Bella or Audrey. Odd glances were given to me as I wandered around alone.

Soon, I manage to capture sight of Audrey. She was surrounded by other kids and their moms. I walk towards the commotion and I could hear the insults coming from the mothers. "Brianna, you cannot go near her. Her mom is bad influence." That mom pointed rudely to Audrey and my heart crushed at her use of words. I approached them and push through to get to Audrey. I took her away but there were a few insults I heard from one of the moms. "Yes SLUT! Take your illegitimate child away!" Those words hit me hard and I covered Audrey ears. I am on the brim of bursting into tears. I carried Audrey to our bedroom and there she just stared at me.

I couldn't take the sadness that Audrey held in her eyes. I burst into tears. Why would they treat a 2-year-old so harshly? They are moms themselves and they behave so inappropriately. I am utterly upset by the harsh use of words. Their words were what completely made my blood boil.

At the moment, I am more heartbroken that Audrey was born into this life of poor treatment and disrespect. For my young child to go through all this unfair fate makes my heart ache excruciatingly.

I feel guilty because I know I am not a good mother and am a person who is hated by everyone.

I know this is my fault that Audrey gets treated like this.

I just want to be in my mate's embrace right now.