Chapter 18-The Announcement

I stood in the shower, letting the water soak my body. Was I really ready to be a Luna? He asked me a couple of times and I confidently answered that I was ready. Do I really have the qualities to be a good Luna?

This day came faster than I thought it would. Reality slowly sinks in. Do I really know what's coming for me?

I step out of the shower and stare at my reflection.

I was not as skinny as I was when I first came here. I was just a timid 16-year-old girl.

I look away and walk into the walk-in closet. I pick a simple t-shirt with jeans and sneakers which I bought on the shopping trip with Bella. I wanted to look presentable but not too casual at the same time. I put on some makeup and once I was ready, I look at myself through the body length mirror.

I would say that I looked presentable. I think.

"Are you ready, Miss Faye?" A carefree voice snapped me back to reality. "Yap, I'm ready." He reached out his left hand and I shyly take it. He intertwines our fingers and we descended the stairs together.

As we get closer, many voices were heard. My heart thumping against my chest loudly that I wish my mate didn't hear. I silently took deep breaths and curved my lips to a small smile. That was when the hall holding the hundreds of pack members came to my view. I froze. I couldn't feel my legs.

"Are you okay?" He turns to face me, roaming through my body.

"Just give me a sec." I sat down on the stairs and massaged my legs.

He kneels down in front of me and asks, " Do you want me to carry you?" I shake my head and slowly stand up with Aiden's help.

Another deep breath and we continue descending down the final steps. As we reach the ground floor, Aiden releases his hand and gives me a smile. I stop walking as I get his signal. He was going to make a few announcements before introducing me.

That few crucial minutes gave me time to calm myself down and unleash an aura around me. I wanted myself to appear powerful, an individual that demands respect but I also wanted to remain approachable. With that, I could feel my wolf making me feel stronger. I was so distracted by my thoughts that I didn't realize the hall had turned quiet.

"I called this pack meeting as I have a few announcements." He paused for a moment. "The first announcement is about an Alpha who wants a few warriors from our pack to assist with rogue problems. I have decided to send ten warriors with a leader of course. Michael, step out. I have appointed you as the leader for this team." I watch as a buff guy around six feet tall step out and walks to the front as he bowed his head to my mate as a sign of 'thank you'.

"Ten volunteers step out to the front." I watch as nine men and a lady step out and stood next to Michael. "Ashton will give you the details later. To my next announcement, I heard there have been requests to announce about my mate. May I ask who are these brave souls who dare to challenge me? "I watch as his voice was firm and his fists clenched.

As no one stepped out, the tense silence remained. "Everybody will get punished then. No one is allowed to leave my territory until these brave souls admit who they are." As soon as he announced the punishment, the few people step out and they were trembling in fear. I felt sorry for them. They stood in the front, with their heads down. "May I ask why each of you here are interested about my personal life?" I watch as they all stood there silently. "Now, no one wants to speak. I shall have you all executed  then. GUARDS, TAKE THEM AWAY NOW!"

They kneel down and as guards tried to pull them away, one of them pleaded, "Alpha, we are very sorry but we just wanted to find out who our Luna is. Please give us another chance." I couldn't just stand here and watch as people get killed. Aiden, please face me right now. He looked at me and I mouth the words, 'Please don't kill them.' His gaze softens and he closed his eyes before opening them again. "I shall give all of you a second chance but let this be a warning to everyone else."