CHAPTER SIX

Chapter 06

- Ace King -

Mia's eyes widened when she saw me, and she was quick to make her way out of the building. I was more than angry, I was furious. Why didn't she tell me she was going out, especially with him! She knows I hate his gut, yet she had the audacity of going out with him!

She made her way towards me, and started to talk, I wasn't paying any attention. I was glaring at Jacob, and all I could see was red. I felt her hand on my chest, and that's when my vision started to turn normal. I looked at her and she had a slight frown on her face. She was about to speak when I cut her off.

"Why the hell are you with him?" I growled.

"Ace, we just went out for lunch together."

"I don't fucking care! You should've texted me! Or called!" I grabbed her wrist and started to drag her to the car, but she managed to pull her wrist away. "Mia, you're coming with me."

"No," she stated, rubbing her wrist. I notice that there was a slight bruise, and it was like a stab in the gut when I knew that I hurt her. Well, looks like we're even. She hurt me as well. Seeing her with Jacob, laughing and smiling, it tore my heart. I should be the only man doing that. Not him, not anyone else.

Only me.

"Mia, stop being stubborn and come with me."

"Ace, you can't control what I want to do. And you can't be mad at me just because I went out for lunch with Jacob. I'm not your girlfriend."

I was speechless. She's right, she's not my girlfriend. And least not yet. But what she said tore my heart even more. I gritted my teeth, and look back at Jacob who was still watching us, then back at Mia.

"You're right. You're not." I turned around and walked back to my car without looking back. I heard her calling my name but I ignored her again and drove back home. I didn't feel like doing anything. I just needed to punch something, anything. Everything.

This isn't the first time this had happened. Mia doesn't know how I feel, even though I show it. She's completely oblivious when it comes to love, and it's weird because she reads a lot of romance books. She doesn't mean to hurt me, but it hurts like hell when she does.

Sometimes, love sucks.

And let me get one thing straight. I'm not jealous. I'm territorial. There's a difference. I've made sure everyone knows who Mia belongs to. We may not be official, but it doesn't matter. She's still mine and I'm not letting her go.

The day went by as usual, and now our roles have been switched. I looked at my phone to see thirty-two messages and twelve missed calls from Mia. For the whole afternoon, I ignored her. I silenced my phone and just laid in bed all day. My mom asked what was wrong, but I never told her. But I knew she knows that Mia has something to do with it.

I literally almost killed Jacob when he walked into the house after school, but his parents were in the room so I couldn't do anything. I fucking hate him. I want him out of my life. I want him out of Mia's life. Everything would've been fine if he didn't show up. First at the pizza place and now he lives with me. Then he had a little date with Mia.

There was a knock on my door, and I knew it was Mia. My mom must've let her in. Why did I know it was her? She's the only one who knocks. My parents just walk into the room without caring about my privacy. I love them, but I hate them at the same time. They don't even close the fucking door when they leave! I hate it when people do that.

"Ace?" Just hearing her voice made me want to forgive her off the bat. "Can I come in?" When I didn't say anything, I heard the door slightly open, and footsteps making their way closer to me. My eyes were closed, but I could feel her close to me. It was silent for a few minutes until she decided to end it.

"I'm sorry. I should've told you I was going with Jacob," she apologized, sadness stained in her voice.

"You know I don't like him, so why did you go?"

"I thought I could be friends with him." I scoff at that. That's not going to happen. "I know you don't like him, but it doesn't mean I don't have to."

She's was right, but I still didn't like that guy. I didn't have any authority over who she's friends with. I opened my eyes to see her standing beside me, looking at me with saddened eyes. Damn it I just wanted to kiss her right now.

But instead, I grabbed her wrist and pulled her down into my bed, hugging her close to me. I heard her mumble if I forgave her, and I hummed in response. I just wanted her in my arms right now.

x-X-x

After Mia and I talked, things went back to normal. Well, besides Mia still talking to Jacob. I tried my very best to not just punch him in the face, but I swear if he does anything I don't like, I'll kill him limb from limb.

I'm not fucking joking.

For the first time in a long time, we decided to eat in the cafeteria. Sarah sat with us, and unfortunately, Jacob did as well. Luckily, I sat beside Mia, making sure he couldn't. Mia, Sarah, and Jacob conversed with each other while I stayed silent. I don't really like talking to people besides Mia. My phone vibrated in my pocket, so I took it out and to see it was a text from Levi.

Shit. Not now.

I cursed, and that's what got Mia's attention. She looked at me with a worried expression and asked if I was okay. I smiled at her and nodded. "I just have to take care of something," I told her, and she frowned.

"Lunch is about to end. You're skipping class?"

"It's important."

I knew she was about to ask, but she shut her mouth and nodded, giving me a small smile. I kissed her on her forehead before I walk out the school doors.

Whatever this was about, it sure as hell better be important. I'll beat the crap out of Levi if it isn't. He made me leave Mia, and that's the last thing I ever want.

••• - ••• - •••

Sorry for the short chapter!

Looks like Ace is hiding something. What could it be?

Thank you for all the people who voted and commented on my previous chapters! When I saw them I literally couldn't stop smiling.