CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

Chapter 29

- Ace King -

I woke up in a different room than the one I was previously in. I could hear yelling from the other side of the door, and like the time in the kitchen, I heard Mindy and her father's voice.

"Why the hell do I have to do it!" Mindy yelled.

"Do you want me to do the same thing I did to her to him?" Mr Summer said rather calmly. There was a pause before I heard Mindy mutter a no. "Good. I don't want you to fucking talk to me like that again. Am I clear?"

"Crystal," she replied.

I could hear Mr Summer's heavy steps fade before the door opened. Mindy walked in, and my eyes widened when I noticed tears forming in her eyes. She closed the door before locking it. She didn't see me at first, but once she wiped away the falling tears, her eyes landed on me.

Her eyes went wide with surprise, and she ran to the washroom that the room provided. I stood up from the ground and for some reason, I walked towards the bathroom door. I don't know why, but I have a feeling that there was something I could do to get Mindy to get me out of here.

Even if she is a bitch.

I softly knocked on the door, but there was silence. So I knocked again.

"What do you what?" Her voice was hoarse, and I could hear her slight sobbing.

"Are you... crying?"

What the fuck Ace!? Of course she crying!

"I'm not crying. There's just something in my eyes."

"Don't play dumb with me, Mindy. You're fucking crying. It's obvious."

I heard her cry even more, and that made me wonder if I really am that much of a bad person. I leaned against the wall beside the bathroom door as she continued to cry.

I wanted to get out of this damn house. But knowing that the place was surrounded and I didn't have any sort of weapon with me because I lost my previous gun, there was no way I could make it out of here.

As Mindy started to sober up, I waited for a few muon before softy knocking on the door.

"You okay?"

"Why do you care?" she snapped back immediately after I asked. "You want me to tell you how to escape, don't you."

"Duh."

"Well too bad. I'm not saying anything," she replied.

I groaned and place dry forehead on the wall. I don't even know why I thought Mindy could help me.

"Why can't you think about others instead of yourself for once?" I harshly said. I didn't care if I hurt her feelings anymore. She can rot in hell for all I care. I just needed to get the fuck out of here.

"Everything I do is for him," I heard her say, breaking my chain of angry thoughts. I heard suffering before the door opened. I looked inside and saw Mindy on the floor, her right side leaning against the door.