CHAPTER TWENTY

(Unedited) because you guys asked for an update, and I wanted to get it done once it hit midnight! I didn't have time to edit for the whole day!

••• - ••• - •••

Chapter 20

- Ace King -

Fuck.

"Levi! I haven't found it yet! And I think Mindy is trying to find me!"

"Mia's already there. She'll make sure to distract Mindy for a few minutes along with Ben. I'll tell you when you need to get out. But you have to hurry."

"No shit Sherlock."

I decided to trust Levi's word, and ignore Mindy. Hopefully I'll be able to find the contract just before Mindy finds me.

I searched the whole room, but nothing. Maybe it wasn't even in his fucking office! If it wasn't in here, then where the fuck could it be!?

I groaned, running a hand through my hair. I couldn't lose hope yet, so I check again. That's when I saw something in one of the drawers that I emptied out. It looked like there was a latch attacked to it, but it was locked. It can only be opened with a key.

It's a good thing my dad taught me how to pick locks when I was younger.

Quickly picking the lock, a secret compartment in the drawer opened, and I couldn't stop the grin starting to appear on my face when I saw a folder. I opened it, and the contract was indeed there. I had to give Mr Summer some credit though. It was a great spot to hide something.

I closed the compartment, and put everything back in the drawer before closing it. I made sure everything looked normal, or at least looked like I didn't touch anything.

I rushed out of the office, quietly closing the door behind me to hear people yelling at each other. I carefully folded the contract, and put it in my pocket.

"Shut the fuck up, Ben!" Mindy yelled. "No one cares about you!"

I saw Mindy, Mia, and Ben at the doorway.

Mindy had an angry look while Mia and Ben looked like they gave no care about the world.

The bitch was yelling at Mia and Ben, telling them to get out before she calls the cops.

"Jeez, we just wanted to know where Ace was," Ben said.

"He's up in my room," Mindy replied. Mia and Ben cringed before Mindy slammed the door. And that was my cue to get the fuck out of here.

But like always, the world just had to be a bitch.

"Ace! There you are!"

FUCK!

I turned around, and Mindy practically jumped on me. We fell on the floor, with her on top of me. Mindy seemed to like our current position, so she hugged me tighter.

"Baby, I was so scared!" she cried.

"Get off me," I muttered, pushing her off.