CHAPTER SEVEN

Thank you for 1k reads! 💕😩😍

Chapter 07

- Mia White -

Ace wasn't back for the rest of the school day. I called Jacob and asked if he knew where he was, but he didn't even know. Ace said he was doing something important, but why didn't he just tell me? Ace never kept secrets from me...

I decided to not think about it too much, and walk to his house. He's probably in his room and was too lazy to finish the rest of the day.

As I approached the house, I saw Mrs King outside. She was pacing back and forth on the porch. Her phone pressed against her ear as she ran her free hand through her hair. She looked frustrated. I know it's bad to eavesdrop, but my curiosity got the best of me.

I walked closer, hiding behind her large bush so she couldn't see me.

"I can't believe you did that!" Mrs King yelled. There was a slight pause before she yelled again. "What do you mean you had no choice?"

I heard the door open before it got slammed shut. Before I could move, there was a black car driving into the driveway. Mr and Mrs Danials, as well as Jacob, got out of the car and walked into the house. I sat there for a few seconds before standing up and walking to the front door.

I pressed the doorbell, and the door was almost immediately opened. Mrs Danials smiled and let me in. I guess she knew that I was a welcomed guest. Probably because Ace told her, or his parents did.

Mrs King walked out of the kitchen, a small smile on her face. I guess her anger towards the person on the phone sobered up. She still looked irritated, but at least she was a bit better. "Mia, it's good to see you. Have you see Ace?"

My eyebrows furrowed together. "I was about to ask you that, actually. He didn't show up at school. He left at lunch, saying he needed to go somewhere. He said it was important."

"Well, he hasn't came home. Maybe he went to Ben's place," Mrs Kings said, a frown forming on her lips before she walked away. Since he's not here, I could go home, so I told Mrs. Daniels that I was leaving and she closed the door behind me.

I walked as fast as I could because all I wanted was to get into bed. I have so much homework to do but I'll finish that later. When I arrived home, I saw my mom cooking dinner. She said she's making pasta tonight, and I felt my mouth water. Her pasta was the best.

I ran up to my room and took a quick showered before grabbing an oversized shirt and a pair of shorts. I dried my hair, and went back downstairs. Just as I stepped off the last step of the stairs, the door opened to reveal my dad. He looked tired and stressed out.

"Hey, dad. Are you okay?" I asked, taking his jacket off and putting it on the coat rack. He needed to rest. He looks exhausted. "Did something happen at work?"

He shook his head. "It was just a bit busy," he replied tiredly. He avoided eye contact which was usually something he never does.

"I think you should go to bed, honey." I heard my mom yell from the kitchen. He kissed me on the forehead before going to the kitchen, and I assumed he kissed mom as well.

He walked to his and mom's bedroom, softly closing the door behind him. I walked back into the kitchen to set up the table as my mom finished cooking. Once everything was done, we happily chatted and ate. She looked better that she's taken a break off work.

I was the first to finish, but I decided to stay with my mom longer. When she finished, she said she was going to talk with dad, so I went upstairs and brushed my teeth before settling in my room.