CHAPTER THIRTEEN

I just want to thank everyone who commented and voted for this book! It makes me feel happy after I revived a few hate comments on why this was stupid and how I should change it (they have been deleted).

Also, don't forget to comment the cover you like best! I'll be counting the votes on Saturday and we'll see which cover was liked best!

••• - ••• - •••

Chapter 13

- Ace King -

"I told you—"

"And I told you that I'm not going to marry her!" I yelled at dad. He still wanted me to fucking marry that bitch even when he knows I like—love someone else.

"Ace, I know this is hard for you, but you just have to accept it."

"No way am I going to accept this," I snapped. "I don't even like her as a person, and you expect me to be with her for the rest of my life?"

I don't care if he's my father, I'll kill him without a single care, but Mia was just upstairs, and I didn't want her to hear the sounds of a gun fire echoing through the house.

"Don't lie to me, Ace. I know there's a small part of you that likes her," he argued, and I scoffed. I've hated Mindy ever since I was a sophomore. She'd always try to befriend me, but I didn't need any other female attention since I have Mia.

And that's all I need.

Mindy was getting more and more irritating as the days flew by. She would always try to get close to me, to the point where she'd 'accidentally' touch me in places I did not want to be touched by her.

"What exactly did you do to have this happen?"

His lips pressed into a thin line, and he averted his eyes away from mine. "That's none of your concern."

"Of course it's my concern! I'm involved in this shit that you started! You know what? I'm going to find out what you did, and see why you would want me to marry that fucking whore!"

Dad scoffed. "Don't call your fiancé a whore. She's not like that."

"I thought you told me not to lie to you."

Before my dad could say anything, I walked out of his office, and slammed the door behind me.

I still can't believe that he thinks I'll be okay with this. Does he expect me to just follow through with this shit? If he does, then he's an idiot.

I was about to head towards the stairs when I heard a quiet sneeze. My eyes furrowed together in confusion, and looked around the empty hall until I spotted a stand of bronde hair hiding behind a bookshelf.

I smiled, and quietly walked my way over to her. She didn't notice I was approaching her until I grabbed her shoulder, enlightening a scream to escape her lips. I laughed when I saw her face, as she stared at me with shock.

Recovering from that state, she glared at me, and slapped my chest. "Meanie."

I chuckled, and kissed her forehead. I felt her go still, and I frowned. Did I do something wrong?

"Mia?"

She avoided eye contact with me as she bit her bottom lip nervously. "I-I have a-a question," she stuttered. "W-What did you mean you were going to tell me h-how you feel the other day?"

"Oh, that," I awkwardly chuckled. I can't really tell her how I feel because I don't know how to put it into words. But damn, if I could, I would so her how fucking obsessed I am with her.