CHAPTER NINETEEN

Chapter 19

- Ace King -

"Don't fuck up!" Was the last thing Ben said before he hid behind a wall with Mia and Levi. Today was the day I had to ask Mindy if I could come over to her place.

Mia told me that I should try to act like I want Mindy and I getting married. That I'm actually interested in her. I can't believe that Mia was okay with this. I mean, aren't most girlfriends jealous when their boyfriend flirts with their rival?

"As long as you don't gain feelings for her, or do anything that would end up breaking my heart, then it's fine," she shrugged.

"Aw, baby you know I'd never hurt you."

She just rolled her eyes, and gave me a quick kiss before Ben pushed me towards Mindy. She was at her locker applying something on her lips.

What was it? Lips gloss? Well, whatever shit she was putting on.

Let's just get this over with.

I walked over to her with my hands in my pockets. She turned to look at me before a smile appeared on her face. Closing her locker, she leaned against it as I approached her.

"I knew you couldn't resist my charms," she purred. "Did you finally realize that I'm way better than that stupid little brat?"

I wanted to punch her fucking face for calling Mia a brat, but I can't fuck up the plan. Right now, the pressure's on me, and I didn't want to disappoint Mia by failing.

"Way better. I don't even know why I hung out with someone like her."

Saying that made me inwardly cringe.

I never thought I'd be the one bad-mouthing Mia. I know I'm just acting, but I really hope that Mia doesn't take this personally. Knowing her, I know she won't because this is just part of the plan.

She did tell me to act like I wasn't interested in her, only Mindy.

But damn it, I can't help but want to slap myself in the face for those words coming out of my mouth.

Mindy smirked, and trailed a hand down my chest. "Why don't you come over to my place?" she winked.

"I mean, we are getting married after all."

"I'll come over at seven," I informed before walking away, but she grabbed my wrist and pulled me back.

"I'll be waiting," she whispered, kissing my cheek before she left. When I saw her turn a corner, I cringed and wiped my cheek.

Mia, Ben, and Levi walked towards me.

Mia was about to say something when I pulled her into a hug.

"I didn't mean to say those things to you," I said, kissing her forehead. Mia just laughed, and said it was fine, but it wasn't fine.

Ben was slapping Levi, saying how cute we were being. Soon enough, Levi got annoyed and grabbed Ben's wrist, twisting it as Ben let out a girlish scream.