CHAPTER TWELVE

Chapter 12

- Mia White -

I was more than shocked that the person I've had a crush on since forever was kissing me. Even if it was for a short while, I still can't stop the thoughts that ran through my head. Ace pulled away, his eyes wide with the realization of what he just did.

I could feel my cheeks go red, and I quickly got off of him, and rushed out the door. My heart was hammering in my chest, and I can't seem to stop replaying the moment over and over again. I went to the nearest washroom, and locked the door behind me.

"Mia?" I heard Levi call my name from the other side. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," I immediately replied.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

There was a silent pause before I heard him walk away, probably to where Ace is. As I heard the sound of his footsteps fading, I got up and washed my face with cold water. Maybe I'm dreaming. I mean, it's not like this was the first time I've imagined him kissing me.

I shouldn't have said that...

Anyways, Ace will probably forget about it. By the look on his face, it seemed like he didn't mean to do it, that it was just a mistake. I frowned at the thought, but it was probably the truth. He doesn't have feelings for me. He never will.

Stop lying to yourself, my inner voice said.

I was scared to go out of the bathroom. What if he's out there? Waiting for me to get out? I don't think I can see him after what happened. Not now at least. Unfortunately, someone knocked on the door, and it just had to be Ace

He called my name, asking if he could talk to me. I didn't say anything but looked around the bathroom for some kind of hiding spot just in case he forced the door open.

There was a window, but I knew we were on the second floor, and I could die if I jumped. Okay, maybe not die, but I'd get badly injured.

When I didn't answer, Ace started to knock on the door a bit harder. My breath hitched, and I opened the window. Luckily, there was a tree I could go on.

The only problem was, I'll have to jump. And let me tell you, it was a pretty far jump, but luckily I was able to make it because I was excellent in gymnastics.

Just as Ace broke through the door, my feet were already on the safety of the ground.

I ran, and didn't look back because if I did, I'd stop.

I heard my name being yelled at by Ace, as well as Ben and Levi. I knew they were much faster than me, but that didn't stop me from running as fast as I could.

I ran to a park and hid behind a tree. Hopefully, they thought I was going home.

I saw Ace's car drive past the park with a great amount of speed that was sure to pass the speed limit.

I stayed there for a bit, thinking about what I should do. I mean, if I got back there, or even see Ace at school, I'll die of embarrassment.

Won't it also be awkward between us as well?

Oh, no. I can't have awkward situations even though I'm the one who caused those moments.

When things get awkward, you just stay silent, and try to talk to the person to make it less awkward. But then you think 'Nope, don't say that. You might sound stupid.'

But you say it anyway as that makes it even more awkward.

Been there done that.

I was ripped out of my thoughts when someone cleared their throat. I screamed when I saw Levi right in front of me. He had an annoyed look on his face as his eyes glared daggers at me.