27 ; audio tapes ii

[beauty and the beast]

180613
hi joon.. it's been eight months since i've seen your face. every time i try to call you, you always say you're busy. i don't know why but something tells me that you're keeping secrets from me.

why does it hurt so bad, to be on the other side and not know what's going on over there?

why does my chest hurt every time i hear your name brought up at school? much less anywhere at all.

why are you avoiding me?

did you find love over there?

is she holding you the way i should be?

maybe i'm not worth it.

maybe this time your head won.

well if it did, just know that i'm happy for you.

i'm in so much pain right now, but that's besides the point.

as long as you're happy, i'm happy.

i hope i get to see that beautiful dimply smile again soon.

until next time, babyboy.

love, your illegirl.

— end tape.

I wiped my eyes before getting off my bed and heading to the bathroom.

My reflection, almost as blurred as my sight from crying too much.

That's when my mom walked in.

"Sweetie, how about you go pay Namjoon a visit at his school? I'm sure he misses you as much as you miss him."

I froze, before turning to face her.

"Do you think he really misses me?"

She laughed, "if it's true love, then of course he does. And I'm pretty sure it's true love, agi."

I ran towards her and hugged her tight, "thanks so much, Eomma."

She stroked my head, and we just stood there for a few moments, enjoying the comfortable silence of a mother-and-daughter bond.

Namjoon, I'm coming to Seoul for you. Please don't prove my fears to be right.