Chapter 19

Carlisle's pov.
I feel Sophie begin to stir and unwrap my arms from around her so she can have more room. She rolls over and her eyes flicker open. Smiling she says quietly. "Hi." I chuckle at her shyness and she blushes then looks away but I grab her chin softly a turn it towards me. "Don't hide from me Sophie, I find you blush cute." She giggles and I lean in and kiss her softly. Before I know it she's kissing back more passionately than ever. I smile as we continue to kiss. When we finally break apart Sophie is panting. "I apologize I forgot you needed to breath." I tell her and she shakes her head and smiles. "Don't apologize.. I forgot I needed to breath too." She giggles and lies back down snuggling into my chest and she sighs as I feel her relax. "What Time is it?" She asks. "8:00." She quickly sits up and says nervously. "I have to get home my dad must be worried sick." I pull her back down so she's laying beside me again. "Alice called your dad and told him you were spending the night. You seemed so tired so we wanted to let you rest... Sophie are you getting enough sleep because you tossed and turned while you were laying beside me." I see worry flash across her eyes but it quickly disappears and she smiles lightly. "I am sleeping Carlisle but thank you for your concern." I notice how she worded her answer carefully and I can tell she's only telling me half of the truth and that worries me. I let it go for now however. Wrapping my arms around her once more she buries her head into my neck. "This is nice." "Indeed it is." I say back to her. "Sophie would you like something to eat?" As she opens her mouth I hear her stomach growl and that causes both of us to chuckle. "I'll take that as a yes. Come let's head downstairs and find you something to eat.. Alice bought some food so you could have something to eat." Smiling she nods her head and we walk out of the room towards the stairs that lead downstairs.

Sophie's pov.
As Carlisle leads me down the stairs we hold hands and as we walk into the kitchen I see Alice and Rosalie cooking already. "I take it you had a vision Alice." I say chuckling and she nods. "Take a seat Sophie dinner will be ready soon." Says Rosalie and I nod then sit down. Carlisle excuses himself and as he walks away his body language tells me he is upset. Of course I worry he's upset with me, that is until Alice speaks up. "He's not upset with you if that's what your thinking Sophie. He's upset about something else." Rosalie and Alice then we lace a plate full of food in front of me. Spaghetti. "Thank you." I say as they sit down with me. As I eat I continue to wonder about Carlisle and what he's upset about, but I decide not to push the subject and leave well enough alone. It's none of my business I think to myself as I eat. Once I finish my meal Alice takes the dishes from me and as I try to protest so I can help her she shoots me a look that says. Don't even think about it. Rose then grabs my hand and says. "Follow me I have something to ask you." Suddenly I grow nervous but nod my head and follow her to the outside and she picks me up. Using her vampire speed she runs through the woods diving trees and climbing hills. She suddenly stops and I see we are in a clearing. "Where are we rose?" I ask. "This is a place I like to go for privacy so the others can't hear me or my thoughts." I nod my head in understanding. She then looks at me and asks me a question and the question she asks terrifies me.

"What happened at the mental hospital?"