chapter 38

When we arrive at the house charlie is still up because all the house lights are on. I can tell bella is nervous because of what she's about to do. Edward then states. "He's not here, lets go." you can feel the tension in the air as bella and i get out of the car. Emmet tries to comfort us by saying. "Don't worry guys, we'll take care of things here quickly." i smile kindly at Emmet and reach over to hug him. "Thank you, and please be safe." i whisper in his ear. I break free from his bear hug only to hear edwards stern voice. "Alice , Emmet." with that Alice and Emmet take off into the woods. "Fifteen minutes." Edward tells Bella. "I can do this." she whispers sniffling slightly. I place my hand on her shoulder and give her a reassuring smile and tell her.  "We can do this bella." she returns the smile and nods her head.  I begin to walk towards the house so bella has some time to talk to edward privately. Once they finish speaking she kisses him on the lips then races to me. "Go away Edward!" she shouts and dad immediately comes out of the house and asks. "Bella?" now Bella is crying and yells at dad. "Leave me alone!" she then begins to pack her stuff and i quietly go to my room to pack as well. I can still hear bella yelling about how she's going home and that's my que to come out. Walking towards dad i say. "I'll take her dad, i'll make sure she's safe." dad argues however saying. "It's nighttime! Wait until the morning." then bella says the most hurtful thing she could possibly ever say to dad. "I can't do this anymore! I can't put down anymore roots here! I don't want to end up trapped in this stupid, boring town like mom. I'm not going to make the same dumb mistake she did! I hate it, i can't stay here another minute!"  dad recoils in shock from her words and i look at him sadness in my eyes. I feel terrible for him. Then dad asks once again for Bella to wait a week because Renee will be back by then. This news shocks both Bella and i. "What?" Bella asks. Dad then explains. "She called while you were out. Things aren't going so well in Florida,and if Phil doesn't get signed by the end of the week, they are going back to Arizona. The assistant coach of the sidewinders said they might have a spot for another shortstop." Bella then mumbles something about having a key to the house but has to say something to dad that will surely stop him in his tracks. She says the last words Renee said to him before leaving forks. "Just let me go, Charlie." he stops in his tracks frozen in shock it seems. Then Bella walks out of the house and i say to dad. "I'll take care of her dad, Then i'll be back." with that i leave following Bella to her truck. Bella guns the truck and we drive away. Edward begins to speak to Bella and i decide to take a short nap so i lay my head down and fall into a dreamless sleep.

Thoughts?