Chapter 29

"Vampires? Isabella really." I say trying to sound disapproving. "Yes really! You have to believe me! All the signs are there." I look at her and say with a straight face. "Bells there is no such thing as vampires." "But-" I shake my head. "No buts Bella.. do you want people to think you crazy and lock you up in a mental hospital?!" I nearly shout at her. "No... but the legend-" "Is just a legend Bella." I say sighing in frustration. Great just when I thought I was done lying to my sister.. for the most part. "Your right I was silly to think such a thing." I nod my head in agreement while guilts rips at my heart. I hate lying to her but this is not my secret to tell. "Dinners ready downstairs.. let's go eat." I tell her and we both head downstairs. We fix our plates in silence, the only sound comes from dad who is currently fast asleep on the couch and snoring. Quietly Bella leaves my room leaving me alone, or so I thought. "Thank you for keeping our secret." I jump up and nearly scream but a strong mans hands cover my mouth. "Shhh it's okay it's just me." I hear Carlisle's calm voice and I relax. Then yank his hand away and shove him playfully. "Don't do that to me! You scared me to death!" He chuckles and I smile. "So you heard all of that huh?" He smiles "every word.. should I be worried you can lie so easily?" Now it's my turn to smile. "Not at all darling." Then I stand on my tippy toes and kiss him on the lips. "Now where were we?" I ask even though I know exactly where we were. Carlisle picks me up bridal style and lays me in my bed. "You my dear we're going to sleep."  "Mhm and what about my goodnight kiss?" I ask them receive a soft kiss on the forehead and feel him lay beside me. Cuddling up to him I sigh in content.
                        I couldn't be more happy.