Chpt. 5: 'Uncle Talk'

Sorry it took so long. 

~~

Percy sat with Xavier and his family in their living room. And as the situation may have been awkward for anyone else, he was accustomed to the moving around, so it had no effect on him. 

"So, um...everyone, this is Percy..." Xavier introduced shyly. Then he added, as if recalling their previous conversation, "My boyfriend." 

While Xavier's family members said nothing, Percy read the distaste off their faces and actions. 

"So, Percy, where are you from?" Xavier's cousin, Alana asked to be nice. 

"New York."

"You're a long way from home, young man," Xavier's grandpa pointed out. 

"Yeah...My parents are okay with it." They were now. 

"Are they?" Xavier's aunt, Mariana questioned. 

"Yeah. I've been to California from New York before." 

"With no parents?"

"No. I had friends there. So they were okay with it." Why is lying so easy?

"So how'd you two meet?" Xavier's half brother, Jaden asked, eyeing him carefully. 

Percy stilled, his eyes meeting the other's. "I accidentally ran into a pole near his place with my friends. I wasn't paying attention. And he got ice for my face." It wasn't far from the truth. That had happened--with Percy, Derek and Tyler, that's how he met AJ. 

"How long ago was this?" 

"A few months ago," Percy replied, checking his texts from his friends. Of course, his phone was bombing up with all the texts, so he silenced it and turned it off. 

"We can't remember the exact date," Xavier pointed out. 

"Nope, cuz I'm a very forgetful person." 

"Huh," Jaden smirked. "Interesting." 

"Wait, what's the date today?" Percy asked. 

"December 21st," Xavier's grandma answered. 

"Crap." 

"What?" Xavier asked. 

"I have to pick up my dogs from the vet. They got into a fight with this guy a while back..."

"And?" 

"They had to get stitches. And shots. Lots of shots." 

"Why weren't they put down?" Xavier's uncle, Gerald, asked. "If they attacked a person, they should be put down." 

Percy tensed, growing a bit pissed off at the audacity of the piece of shit sitting in front of him. "They stopped a man from slitting my throat," Percy said coldly, "so I'm a bit grateful for them." 

Xavier tensed as well. "You wanna talk about it?" 

"Not really," Percy said guardedly. 

"Okay." 

Percy hesitantly took out his phone, turning it on. He went into his gallery, showing Xavier pictures of them. 

"That's Raymond, and the slightly smaller one is Hamilton." 

"Aww, they're cute. Who is that one?" 

Percy blinked, looking at the picture. 

"Since when did we get a new dog?" Percy muttered, inspecting the picture more. The vet had sent it to him. "Oh my..." He paled slightly, recalling what had happened. "Um. I take it back. These aren't Hamilton or Raymond."