Chpt. 8: Merry Christmas

Xavier and his grandparents were the first to enter the room. Upon entering, they were shocked. 

"How'd you get here?" Xavier questioned, a bit flabbergasted. 

"Loki--Norse god." 

"Right...Who's this?" 

"My friend Carlisle, he's eleven..." 

"What happened to him?" 

"He got beat up behind a library. He tends to get hurt a lot." 

"I see. Did he go to a doctor?" 

"No, I fixed him up." 

Xavier looked at Percy intently, Percy was looking at Carlisle. 

"You really love him, don't you?" 

"He's like a little brother to me," Percy said quietly. 

"He can sleep on my bed," Xavier smiled. 

"You're sure?" 

"Yeah." Percy went to lay the boy down as Xavier cleared everyone out. "So...why're you here? Not that I don't want you here." 

"Well...I found out who Luke cheated on me with." 

"Yeah? Who was it?" 

"That girl that picked me up--Bri. She's my best friend. Was. She was my best friend."

"Mmm. I see." Xavier sat down on his chair at his desk. "Wanna talk about it?" 

"Not really." 

"M'kay. Just so you know, my aunt and uncle don't really like you. Neither do their kids. Grandma and Grandpa are fine with you." 

"Good," Percy smiled. "At least someone likes me." 

"I like you. Do I not count?" 

"You do--but I was counting your family members." 

"Ah, I get it." 

"I knew you would." 

Xavier pulled Percy onto his lap, smiling softly. 

Percy rested his head against Xavier's, smiling at him with his eyes closed. 

"Perce?" 

"Yeah?" 

"Can I meet your parents? I feel like you should get to spend Christmas with your parents...I get to spend Christmas with my family all the time. I wanna meet your parents and spend Christmas with you guys." 

Percy blinked pulling away. "Why?" 

"Because you mean a lot to me and I want to meet, in person, the people that raised you." 

Percy thought for a few seconds, biting his lower lip. "How would your family take it?" 

"Fine, I'm sure."

"And your grandparents?" 

"I'll spend the entire Christmas break with them. They should be okay with it." 

"I don't want them to be upset..." 

"They won't be," Xavier assured him. "They like you, they should understand." 

Percy wanted to argue more, but Xavier fought him each time on the subject, rendering him defenseless. 

"I'll go talk to them," Xavier said, smiling as he patted Percy's thigh, making the other get up. 

"Okay..." 

Xavier left, going to talk to his grandparents. 

Percy sat by Carlisle, brushing a piece of hair out of his face, kissing his forehead. He watched as the boy clutched his baby blanket tightly, hiding his face in it.