The Beginning of her Written Fate

The first day of the month of September is a day to remember. It is when I decided to twist my fate entering the other world. Creepy, but this decision has been lingering in my thought for so many times that it makes my head shatter if I will not give it a try. Grandpa would punish me, but this time, I can't let this opportunity slide.

Mesmerizing our village's forestry, I realize that this is the first time in my whole life that I finally able to see the wonders of this sanctuary. Maybe because this will be the last time that I would be here in Hamartia; a village where the busy world didn't even notice it exists.

As we walked in the middle of the woods, the wind blows gently onto my face making my brown hair fly on its own accord giving me disturbance. I slide in behind my ears and brush with my hand so it will stop from fighting back. But still, it's as stubborn as me. No wonder, this is my hair.

Perhaps my enthusiasm overflows that I fantasize trees welcoming me with their branches moving spontaneously. Silence roomed around as I hear the birds chirping harmonizing the woodland, rejoicing the peace within these woods, and this is what silence means to me. Because of them, I didn't feel much afraid until we slowly went to a place hazier made by the giant trees surrounding us. Fogs begins to creep causing the surrounding more invisible. The birds chirping were nowhere to be heard, and the atmosphere becomes weird. He suddenly held my hands when he felt that I was frightened though I'm not even close to that. Until we were nearer to a certain tree... the biggest one of all. And the weirdest.

"You're lucky, we were able to see this portal even I'm with you," He paused while waiting for my response, but I just keep on looking what's hanging above us. The branches of this tree were almost on the ground covering the body. "When I'm with Cindy," He looks at me while gulping. "I mean... when we're trying to find what my parents said about the portal, it's really hard to find. We had a tough time all through the night, until we're tired and went back. But this time... it looks like it shows on its freewill." He almost didn't wanted to finish what he wanted to say since he just mentions someone's despicable name.

I just breathed out trying to make the situation calm, "Maybe the tree portal is waiting for me all this time." I assumed. I observed the trees and felt the darkness in it. This is probably the melancholiest tree of all in our woods. Normal people like me will not able to see this. Unless accompanied by an extraordinary human... err, I mean unexplained creature.

"Possibly. Since your blood smells tasty." He chuckles, and I just glared at him, so he coughs clearing his throat. "Ready?"

I let out a sigh as I hold Shin's cold hand and squeeze it afterwards. It's as always, a giant kind of hand that was perfect to mine. He smiled at me gracefully letting me know how happy he is introducing his other side.

"I've been waiting for this." I answered willingly.

His smiled turned to a sigh and I can see his little hesitation, "Grandpa would kill me for this."

"I'll be the first one to kill you if you didn't take me with you."

He then raised his both hands to surrender and I just chuckled. We started entering the hole at the center of the tree and unbelievably, it has stairs. I remember Shin said that their world is not under the Earth. This is the only pathway to a different world. The other dimension where other creatures living.

It's getting dark. Lights slowly fading. Temperature went low, and I feel much colder. This time, I am really convinced that I'm leaving within the proximity of our village. I should know beforehand to where I'm going – Holia, this is what they call it. It's like Earth but it's not.