Chapter 7- Run Alice, Run!

“We tried to knock a couple of times, but she’s not answering. So we called your attention.” A woman said as she talks to someone. My trembling hands can’t stop as sweat begins to pour all over. I can’t do this. But that bastards just used some tricks on me which as a human I failed to get hold with it.

They just vanished after promising me to come to the Hall of Amalgamation and get me. But I'm more afraid that is not gonna  happen.

I startled as I heard someone knocks again. I sat still and waited. Thinking it could be some dhampir, I hurriedly cover myself with the traditional veil the one that Cindy been holding when I unfortunately opens the door. This will cover my whole body and they will never know my identity as for this moment.

Someone opened the door and I heard footsteps came closer to me. I was so afraid that I tried to hold my breath until he spoke. “You ready?” he asked. After that, I then felt relieved when it was Troy. He seated beside me. And all I want to do is to uncover the veil.

But he didn’t know about the plan. Cindy asked me to keep it hidden especially to him like she thought their sin could be hidden forever.

“I never thought we’ve come this far though. You can have held me accountable for everything because this is all my fault. I am the one to blame. You can detest me all you want. I always knew you already hate me from the start for being a sick brat and weak.”

If you only knew what your sister has been doing. Like running into the woods leaving us all. Making the worst decision in life.

“But just so you know, that I’ll protect you at any cost. You are me and I am you. We are one. I’ll never let you down or hurt by anybody else. You just sacrifice everything even the one you love. I really feel sorry.”

You should never be sorry for her! Damn, I wanted to speak up. I wanted him to help me. But because my lips has just been locked and I can’t blurt out, I am helpless myself! Soon, I’ll be breathing my last breath and I will die cursing the two assholes.

The dhampirs were finally coming as I heard their foot steps coming towards me. “It’s time.” Her cold voice made me shivers.

I stand up and didn’t say anything. Someone assisted me as I made a step forward. I stopped as I wanted to turn around. Although Troy cannot see through this veil. I wanted to see him for the last time. Even just seeing his shadows, my tears flowed. And suddenly the wind flash through us which makes the veil flew a little. I saw him finally with my tears so I turned around immediately before he can see me clearly.

“Wait!”

We all stop. I hesitated to turn my back. He would the truth through this veil that I am not his twin sister.

"I just wanted to speak with her for the last time." I bit my lips after I heard him. My sweat can't stop rolling down as I realize maybe he realized something was wrong.

“The vita (life) should be at the traditional division for the ritual. She shouldn’t be late for it will cause the inaccuracy of the bond.” There’s nothing I can do now. They escorted me down to a place I don’t exactly recognize, my vision is a bit hazy. All I know that the place is getting dark with a little light. I am afraid of what will happen but all I remembered was what my grandpa taught about fighting against the dhampirs. Unfortunately, I just knew some basics because of my laziness which hinders me to understand why I must need it thinking there’s no way I could fight with them since I promise to myself that I must turned into a dhampir before I could reach 18 years old. I thought that this was easy, but I was at the position where I can be killed anytime.

Thanks to them, I’ll be cut in pieces soon. But I was still hoping that they will do as what they planned, to rescue me.

The dhampir at my front stopped, she opened the door so I supposed we already arrived. 
I can feel the cold all over my body as we stepped inside.  They'd placed me at the center which I can see from my blurry vision the dhampers in front. I looked up realizing there was a circled hole up above and there I saw the perfect full moon. I remember this moon from the painting in a little abandoned house.