Chapter 14 - Blood Thirst

He turned to me confused. I neared to him as I covered my head with the cloaked.

Being an experienced traveler into the woods, he knew the way and it’s far beyond what I think. We’ve been jumping 5 rivers in a row. It’s been awkward since he carried me with his arms while jumping.

“Wait, let’s stop first.” I suddenly felt strange, it’s like my body went back as a normal human with low resistance to cold and hunger. I pulled out the hoodie out of my head and started to breathe fresh air.

“You are not getting fine.” He holds my chin as he checks me up. “Your lips are getting pale.” He tries to rub his both hands to ignite some heat.

“You’re a dhampir.” I paused as I looked up to him. “You cannot create heat.”

“Don’t waste your energy saying nonsense things.” He put his both hands on my cheek. It felt cold but it’s enough for me to be at ease. “How do you feel now? I know this isn’t enough.”

I shakes my head, “I think… I need blood.” I suggest with a low tone.

His eyes widened as he pulls me in surprised, “What were you thinking? Didn’t you just passed out just by drinking blood? It means, you should not drink blood from now on, human.”

“But it’s the only way I could survive from cold and hunger,” I defended,

“It isn’t. Look what it made you. You became lust for blood even you’re not a vampire.” He sighed. “You are not allowed to drink blood again, understand?”

I hold his hand, feeling tired and weak. “Please, I can’t hold it any longer.” I desperately begged.

He looks up, “Don’t do anything and just wait here. I’ll be back.” I nodded. He pulls back my hoodie and cover my head. My vision is now getting blurry as I saw him running and gone in thin air. So I seated under the tree silently.

My mind is spinning as all I could think is blood. The after taste makes me think of sipping more of it until it’s empty. I didn’t realize I was drown by this kind of unexplainable longing for something. I realize for a week now, but water is not essential for me anymore. Did I already became vampire just by drinking blood alone?

My body is burning for thirst I can’t understand why. How do I end up with this kind of addiction? The feeling of wanting something more than anything so badly is dangerous. I must stop this as early as possible. I must cut this longing from now on. But I keep asking myself on where must I start?

Suddenly, a deer appeared walking just few inch away from me. I can smell the blood scent the deer has. Smells like fresh sweet honey came from beehive. My lips curled and I purposely closed my eyes to stop this weird lust. But as my heart beats fast, and the deer’s scent is now getting in my nerves, I stand up slowly not wanting the deer to notice my presence. It’s like hunting bears like what Shin has been doing when we’re young. I mimicked his stance, bended my knees and carefully tip toed as I watched the deer resting peacefully under the shed of tree.

I just needed to drink its blood to surpass my hunger. When I’m just an inch near, I then raised my both hands ready for a big hunt and lunged to prey but to my surprised I did not landed to the deer. Instead, my body was attached to Luciel’s chest.

My eyes widened as he automatically appears in front of me with apples fell on the ground. He pushed me away to prevent what I’ve been planning to do. The deer I’m trying to hunt startled and run away.

“What did you do?!” I screamed in annoyance. I saw his jaw clenched as he stormed near me. He then grabs me hard. I can feel his powerful hands getting stiffer. “Come to your senses, human!” I looked at him while getting all the hurt. With the pain he inflicted on me, I screamed hard. He then freed me and I fell to the ground.

“You are insane. How could you do this when you are pure human? Are you really that obsessed of becoming a dhampir?”

I panted hard and my weak body can’t take this cold anymore. “Help me.” Was all I begged, when I’m about the laid down, he quickly grabs me and carried me.

Warmth. I woke up seeing the bonfire just a few inches from me. Confused, I seated and find grilled apples and some meat. My eyes lit up in happiness and grabs one stick and ate it, I growled in pain.

“Careful, your tongue might ignite.” Luciel spoke in front of me. I didn’t noticed I was lying on a small dome. He carried some woods and placed in bonfire.