Chapter 18 - Back at Hunter's Realm

“Luciel!” I screamed gasping trying to stand up wanting to run after him. I felt that I am obligated to explain that I don’t even know how it happened and I don’t remember killing those people with my irresponsible hands and my frail skills! The hardest part is…  I don’t know how I killed them with my bare hands! I am not a murderer!

“Alice…” Troy stops me from running. He then gave me a concern look and shook his head. “You’re bleeding too much, let’s get out of here first.” His voice were now low and soft.

I held his hand tightly as if all my life falls onto him, “Troy…” I shook my head repeatedly. “I’m not a murderer. I did not kill them or anybody… what happened to Lux is… I did not plan on killing him. It’s just my…way of stopping him from doing something deadly but it all end up as if I—” before I could say anything, he already wraps his arms around me, patting my head slowly.

“This is not your fault, Alice. You should restrain yourself from overthinking things.” Troy tried to keep me calm as I begin on acting hysterically. I’m getting numb maybe because of too much loss of blood, but I’m trying to get myself up.

Lots of people starting to appear on the broken door, but I cannot recognize them clearly. My neck is getting more painful as before. Troy pulled himself as he carried me. “Let’s get out of here, before everyone in the academy could notice.” He said as he began to walk coming out from the broken door with the other men.

My eyes were involuntarily closing as my head is already spinning. that I began to cry as Luciel’s words were too much to handle. His narrowed eyes piercing to every part of me and it feels it aches more than the pain in my neck. Luciel means every word came from his mouth. He never said something without gist.

I know he was surprise by everything Sabel utters, I am surprise too and doesn’t want myself to believe her. But what happened to Lux gives me uncertainty of my own self. A glimpse of my past began to flow.

“Grandpa, what are you doing?”

“I’m doing some potions.” I watched him as he mixed and blend the extract from different kind of leaves in our backyard.

“For dhampirs, again?” He didn’t reply, “Can I have one?” I asked

He stops from what he’d been doing and finally bend in front of me. With his hands full of callus due to his arduous work, he patted my head and serenely said, “You were already protected from them.” He heavily sighed but I remained curious of what it really means. All I know was dhampirs are dangerous. They are not human and much powerful than us. They’ve been attacking our small village every evening that is why all children were prohibited to go outside at night. Grandpa was strict, so he’ll locked me into my room before the sun sets.

As I try to open my window with my little lamp, I saw the moon shining so bright lighting up the darkness. Even before, I start loving the moon and I feel that I’m at ease whenever I’m gazing peacefully.

The stars adds more glow to the sky making it lovely. I stopped as I saw a shadow of an unknown woman appeared under a full moon with her long hair waving in synchronize with the wind. I don’t know if she was staring at me because it was too dark. I just feel that we’re looking at each other and my heart starting to beat weird.

“Who are you?” I asked in a tone of whisper. Grandpa might wake up and he might get angry again if I still haven’t sleeping. But the woman didn’t move, she just standing there. Maybe this is just one of my imaginary vision, so I tried to brush my eyes with my hands and when I opened it. She’s gone.

The woman in a long hair didn’t show up again on the other night. I certainly know she’s one of my imaginary visions and maybe just a weird dream in my childhood days. But tonight… she appears once again, with her long hair standing under the moon. I was standing on few inches away. I can’t see her face but I still knew that she’s looking at me, quietly.  I feel strange as we both just keep silent.