Chapter 16 - Touch of Evils

The kind of atmosphere in the old building is much colder than the central academy. Chills within my spine and I tried to keep myself calm. Czarina attempts to hold my hand but I glared on her so she keeps her distance. We were in the middle of what it looks like a dancing ball for the area is so wide and it’s like a forgotten building. There was a painting of a woman holding a child as if they own this.

“Are you sure you saw them here?” I asked as I busied myself looking around every corner.

“They should be here, let’s split up.” Sab said while going on the left side.

Before I could step forward in the middle, Czarina grabs my hand stopping me. “I’ll go with you. It’s kind of dangerous here.” She said.

“Sab was right, we need to split up.” I argue.

“Listen to me, I know this is something ridiculous to say but trust me. This place is prohibited by the Academy for so long. I need to go with you to keep you safe.”

“You’re the most dangerous person I’ve known so let go of me and go to the other side.” She didn’t reply so I let my hand slip and move forward. What is more dangerous is that… I haven’t done anything to protect Shin.

I’ve been walking silently while opening every door I see. It looks like this building has a lot of rooms like ours and I don’t have any idea as to why this building was abandoned, it’s still habitable if it will be cleansed. I cleared my mind on the nonsensical things. 

I’ve been hearing something while walking toward this small hallway leading to somewhere I don’t know, that’s when I thought I should stop for once. The footsteps of someone also stopped.

I wasn’t that scared enough to run, but I feel that someone’s here other than me. “Shin? Are you there?” I asked, thinking he’s here. But I heard nothing so I walked again towards and keep opening the door. I stop as I saw a room with a red wooden door. It’s different from all I saw and it looks weird.

Even I feel hesitant, I’m eager to know what’s in there, hoping to see the two person I know breathing and alive. I slowly open the door, it creaked with a horrible noise that you could hear in a thriller movie. I shake my head wanting to release what’s been keeping me a little scared.

Looking inside of the room, I noticed that this space has much bigger than the rest. It has a large painting with a woman I saw when we first went in this building. It’s a wonderful creation of someone who must be a renowned artist in his/her time. I move closer as my eyes were lock into that painting. The details seems incredible as if the painting is real person with her red off shoulder gown making her diamond necklace more dazzling.

Before I could touch it, someone put his/her hands on my shoulder which made me startled.

“Easy,” she gave a little chuckle. “Nobody’s hurting you here.” I turned to her to see Sabel

“Why are you here?” I asked.

“I didn’t see them on the left hallway then I followed you, maybe they are here and—” We almost jump to the sound of someone who’s like crashing to some hard objects.

“Who’s that? Is it Czarina?” Before I could run outside, Sab grabs my hand.

“It must be just old things fell down the ground, no need to worry.”

“But it must be Czarina, she—”

“She’s a dhampir, right? You don’t need to worry, she is strong enough. Let’s walk farther here, it seems like they are hiding in this vicinity.” She said.

Being dragged by Sab, I still feel like something happened. Oh well, she’s a hunter by the way, I must not concern myself about her. But the thought that something might happened to her is…

“So tell me about your friend Cindy, did you know about it?”

I shook my head, “I don’t really know. I haven’t seen her since she escaped with Shin. All I know that it’s impossible for him to be the Golden Blood as what rumors said.”

“You think so?”

“Yeah, since that dhampir who declared himself a pure-blooded vampire because of the Golden Blood, I don’t think it’s Cindy since she’s on the run. It’s possibly—”

“Some other girl who must’ve more potential on killing that dhampir?”

“Y—Yeah…” I felt a little awkward looking at her smiling.

“Do you know what that guy said, before he was killed?” She was waiting for my response but I just shook my head quietly. So she continued. “On the night of the traditional wedding, when all dhampirs in the coven is present, they witnessed an extraordinary kind of wedding with a twist.” She said as her smile widened. I became flustered.

“Honestly, it was a second fail wedding of Luciel, the first night was when her betrothed Arria, was killed by a Golden Blood and that made him hate and wanted to kill a Golden Blood. Second is… when Cindy escaped on the middle of the ceremony, a failure on Luciel’s romance life again.” She narrated with much of emotion.

“You are not there to witness it, I don’t know why since it’s the wedding of your friend. Where were you at that time?” I can’t say anything. “Uh, you were sleeping, right?” She’s nodding weirdly. “That time, the academy were in panic and all the guards went on each everyone’s room since someone has the nerve to kidnap the betrothed girl. All the people in the ceremony were in panic, except for that man who became pure blooded vampire who has an addiction of human blood scent. Who would do everything just to have a sip with the blood that was meant for Luciel.”

I was stunned by what she said, all my nerves were getting numb as soon as it hit me.