Chapter 26- "I Loved You"

It was Troy and his bunch of gangs. They were hunters from the hunter’s realm, Czarina and the arrogant guy, Hector. One thing caught my attention, two people standing next to Troy are no other than Shin and Cindy.

    “You think I can just lose like that?” And then I heard Leo with his orotund voice came back from being a child to being young man like he’s not hurt at all. Sabel quickly turned to Leo whose now beat up those men around him. “For all you know, I can’t be beaten by giving me this damn bracelet.” He winked at me and then looked the emperor with his vicious eyes. “You became rude, father. And your ruthless blood also runs through my veins. That means… I can be your nightmare nemesis.”

    The hall turned into a battlefield. Everyone is aggressively fighting as if they’re hungry for blood. Cindy came to me immediately. Bruises can be seen clearly on her face. “We need to go, now.” She carefully carried me with my arms wrapped on her shoulder.

    “Glad that you are safe.”

    “So as you.” But before we could go near to my mother assisted by Czarina, Sabel quickly grabs us and threw us back to the wall behind.

    “You are not going anywhere.” Sabel notified.

    “Well, she can do whatever she wants.” Cindy, as one of the best warriors among Hunters, undeniably combats her in the rhythm of battle. Even Sabel is now powerful after drinking my blood. She can do better than a Golden Blood like me.

    “Alice, this is your time. Kill her, now!” She yelled when Sabel landed on the floor after giving her punch on her stomach. She pinned her on the ground waiting for me. My eyes glued to the sword beside me. “Faster, Alice!” I hurriedly picked it with my trembling hands, the golden sword that would soon end my innocence. I breathe in trying to calm myself and went to where Cindy was. She’s trying to do her best on restricting Sabel to do anything. “She will be vanished once you kill her.” Cindy informed me. I hold my breathe looking at her smug face.

    “Do you think you could do that? Knowing that you are not possessed by your mother, it also means you will be turned into a real murderer. That monster living inside your body will be fully awaken and you can’t help but to kill with your own hands.”

“I already killed Lux with my bare hands, consciously.”

Her eyes widened in despair “You are no different from your mother, you are monster!” I can’t say anything. Feels like my hands can’t stop shaking after those words came out from her mouth.

    “Don’t listen to her, Alice. Just kill this woman!”

    I raised the sword ready to stab her but my mind hesitates the moment Luciel walked near watching me with his cold eyes. I can’t stop my hands from trembling just by looking at him while remembering the time, I killed her betrothed. It was me… who cause this war. Many people were fighting, losing their lives just for me. To think I am not worth fighting for, the murderer and the monster. My eyes can’t even stare straight at Luciel’s eyes and to people that left behind because of what I did.

    Now, I made up my mind. Hoping this could end every greed, vicious cravings for blood and the war that leads to dead to the other people of the other world. With strength, I raise the sword above me as I close my eyes. The noise within the hall sunk into deepest part of my mind and all I could hear was a dead silence.  

    I could feel the warm tears on my cheeks after I stab my chest with the sword. But I felt nothing. No ache. No heat burning in my chest. It’s as if, I was not stabbed at all. And when I slowly opened my eyes all their attention was on the other side. My eyes widened the moment I knew what exactly just happened.

    It was my body but it was her soul within my body. I was switched into hers and I saw my body glistening with a golden light. I can’t still grasp the whole situation and it finally hit me when Cindy screamed. She smiled at me with her eyes crying full of tears as she calmly said “I loved you.”

    “No!” The emperor yelled in horrify.

    Everyone started whispering, and Troy instantly went to my body screaming with anger. While I… was on my mother’s body looking at them with shock, my eyes can’t stop shedding tears when she fell down on Troy’s arms, lifeless. Czarina run to Troy’s side and even screamed hard. How on earth could this happened?

    I just saw my own self dying in front of me.  

    “Mother, let’s go. Father will get you afterwards.” Leo suddenly went to me, even he didn’t know what happened.

    “No, we need to… to get her.” I said with my voice trembling.

    “Troy’s with her. He probably will protect her, and I need to protect you. So let’s go.” Leo suddenly pull me up and carried me with his strong arms while I was on the verge of surprise. I can’t even tell anyone.

    She protected me. Pretended to be me before I could end my life. She stopped it, gave me such a smile that made my heart crippled. I hated her for giving me a messed up life. But she was there. Owning up everything I didn’t wanted, like a coward.

    “Stop. Put me down.” I ordered.

    “Mother, there’s no way I would—“

    “Put me down!”

    He can’t do anything but to obey my order. I came near her slowly as her body is not that good anymore. I kneeled as I held her hand that once mine. It was now cold hand, without a pulse.

    “Why… Why did you do this to me? I should be the one who—I should be the one who die. Why did you do that?!” I can feel this body started to feel weak before Sabel could come near me, Leo instantly pushed her to the wall, the guards also made their move as fast as they could so Leo protected me by making strange light covering us. Czarina, Cindy and Shin fights with the guards who dared to get near. While Luciel just stand still, staring at the lifeless body of mine… with his poker face. As if he wanted to convince his own self that I really died.

He then looked at me with his deadly eyes, “How does it feels like to lose someone you dearly love? Suits you well, stepmother.” He said as he turned his back on me, I was so weak to stand up but all I feel was remorse towards him. Troy got up, ran unto him but Leo stops him.

“You know too well that we cannot win this battle. Best thing to do is to get away from here with Alice’s body so we can bury her peacefully. We don’t have time anymore. The barrier will be soon vanish, let’s escape now!” Leo screamed trying to calm Troy and he soon understand the risk. Hector then shouted to us to retreat while they’re fighting outside. Leo instantly use his magic for us to disappear into thin air.