Chapter 15 - Traitor

“Troy, this is not true. You are the kindest person, I knew.” He stands up and turn his back on me.

Was.” He corrected.

I get up and feel a little ache on my back from landing on a tree. “You even helped me get through in that room full of leeches.”

“That’s because I cared for you!” He suddenly turned as he stared at me while fighting back with his tears. I suddenly felt unable to speak with him being so near to me. As he slowly touches my hair, I can’t help but to close my eyes. “You made me feel human, again. With you, I felt I’m not a monster, a reaper or a leech, I’m just a man and a hunter.”

The two of us stared each other and I felt his in need of help. “That’s what I wanted you to be.”

He shook his head in contrast. “But that’s not me anymore. I can no longer be the person you wanted to see. I am more dangerous and poisonous. Being with you here makes me feel frightened. Your blood triggers me making me insane. That’s why we can no longer be together. Not this close.” He started to paced inch away.

“Fine, but I wanted you to know that I am not afraid of you. I always believe in you. Whatever you are, whoever you are, it will never change.”

He never speak a word to me after that. We started walking down this hill. I was hoping Luciel would come back, but we waited for nothing. Troy told me, he isn’t going back because he’s with me. 

“How did you know?” Troy asked in the out of silence.

I turned my gazed into the ground, “Cindy told me about it.”

“I am the reason why my parents decided to turn away our promise to protect human world.” He clenched his teeth. “Because of this, Cindy rebelled, now my family is in danger.”

Even I wanted to hold his hand, he would probably stay away from me so I keep still. “It’s not your fault.” I locked my eyes into his. “We need to get them back and try to tell them to…” I stop as I remember what I needed to say to him. “You need to know about Cindy, she’s more in danger.”

His eyes become more curious about what I said so I continued, “The authorities in the academy is on hunt of her not because she escaped. But because… she’s the Golden Blood who killed someone.”

We hide in the bushes as we saw someone walking in our direction.

“How is that possible? I’ve been with her and so as you.” He murmured while trying to observe the surroundings.

"Hey, actually I need to ask you something... serious"

"Sounds creepy, but like I have a choice." He answered

"Honestly, since we're young. Cindy and I never talk about how did your mother died. Is it because... Cindy killed your mother?"

"What? No. She died from illness." 

From his reaction I knew, he's saying the truth. “So she is not th Golden Blood. I also think that there is some misunderstanding but first we need to find her as soon as possible.”

“You said your friend was taken by hunters?”

“It’s Czarina, My classmate, she’s helping me finding Cindy but she end up being taken away.”

“Then we must take her first.”

We begin to take a glance again to Hunter’s realm. They still on training as we saw children and teens battling. It’s like they are taught to fight against monsters.