Chapter 12 - Search for the Goblin

The silence outside the building makes me feel uncomfortable but I tried my best to be calm as possible. This is the right time to escape. I can’t wait for the Hunter’s moon, but with all these guards roaming around, I don’t think I can. I was on the bushes hiding when I saw three men in suits passing the pathway, talking about something.

“Looks like they already knew who’s the Golden Blood,” The one with bald man on the left side stated.

“How do know that?”

“The one in charge at investigation room just said,” he answered with a little annoyed tone.

“Tell us.”

“We’ll be doomed once this news slipped.” The one in the center reminded them.

“Don’t you think that we have the right to know? The juries, I’m guessing they’ll keep this a secret once find out.” The bald one said.

“Golden blood is what we are all searching for. We have the right to know.” The one with a brown hair at the right side agreed.

“I know but this is beyond the rules of law. We should respect the juries.” He warned.

“If you are that scared enough, we don’t have to force you to listen. Come on Rufus, let’s go there and tell me more about it.” The two quickly went to the other side. As I step backward, I accidentally step on a dried leaves on the ground which made a sound. My eyes widened as the man in suit turned to my direction. Before I could run, someone grabs my hand pulling me down.

Luciel’s dark eyes met mine. I was bewildered by his shining eyes again due to the reflection of the moon. His long hair that is finally tied perfectly placed at the back of him.

“You are too close, don’t you think?” he asserts while looking at the pathway. That is my cue to be back to myself again.

“What are you doing here?” I asked trying to move back away from him. I tried to find the man in suit but he’s already gone.

He looks at me and the bag at my back. “Trying to escape now?”

“This is what you wanted, right? Besides, I have no reason to stay here, anyway. I probably should go, before you’ll spill that I am a human and everyone might suck my blood.”

“We only drink royal blood.” I just rolled my eyes as we were still sitting on the small bush.

“You’re not safe tonight to escape. Wait for the Hunter’s moon.” He said while observing the surroundings.

I silently looks at him as he observed the other guards walking back and forth not so far away from us. I spotted a bandage on his left lip. “So, are we friends again?”

“We were?”

“Then why are you tailing me?”

“I’m just passing by and you’re terrible gossiping is what I found,”

“I’m not trying to gossip, I just hide in order for them not to see me.” I protested. “And… I just heard they’re talking about the annoying Golden Blood.” I muttered.

“You’re on right point on that.” He sighed, “However, I wish to meet that Golden Blood.”

“So, you wanted to live forever like the others too? Well, I guess all dhampirs wanted that.” He wasn’t saying anything and just let the silent be the guess. So I stand up and planned to leave him until he holds my hand. “What?” I asked annoyingly.

“Where are you going?”

“Do I have to say everything in you?”

He stands up closer to me, “Will you calm down and take things slowly? This is why you’re always in danger because you think irrationally.” He blurted without thinking harsh words just came into his mouth. He glares at me as if I’m might do some erroneous things.