Chapter 1-Welcome Darkness

Surprised, I turned around and saw a girl looked like a 17-year old. Shin told me to never trust the vampire's appearance. She may be a hundred-year old girl. Her curled golden-brown hair were perfectly placed on her chest. She dressed up like she just went to some party.

"Oh, hi. I'm your new roommate." I greeted nervously.

I calmly breathe as she marched closer to me. Relax, Alice. I said to myself. You shouldn't be too obvious. Even tiny fireflies never noticed you being a human. I looked at her as she examined myself from head to toe.

"What are you doing in my zone? Looking for something?" She went to her bed and seated while looking up to me. I wasn't expecting her to be walking so fast. I think I really needed to get used to it as soon as possible.

"No, honestly I was surprised about your books." Finally! I got an excuse.

She looked at me curiously "Do you secretly laugh at me since I'm reading Twilight?"

"Hmm, a little bit, fairly."

"Well, I'm a bit curious as to how the people on Earth made fun of us. But I like Edward Cullen. He's definitely my type."

"Well I hate Bella, she's a living wrecker. Always put everyone in danger."

She chuckled, and I laughed too. Her appearance is so admirable. I begin to feel calm after I realized she is not that dangerous.

"My name is actually almost the same as hers. I'm Sabella, you can call me anything you want. It's your freedom." She shrugged.

"I'm Alice Luna, you can call me Ali."

"So where have you living before going here?" She asked. I became stiff as if I was trying to hold my mouth from being too honest. What the heck, Alice? Think!

"Just..."

"Hamartia?"

My eyes widen. Isn't it more dangerous for me to stay with a dhampir? Shin should know about this! Before I could say anything I heard her sighed. "That place is dangerous. You probably had a tragic life before going here. I'm happy that you are home already." She smiled at me as she stand up closer to me. "Can I touch your hand?"

All I wanted was to ask her why. But I'll probably became too obvious or I might annoyed her. "Sure," I gave her my hand while my heart beat is unstable. She carefully held my hand and close her eyes. As if she was the Aro version from twilight.

"Implausible." She commented.

"What did you see?" I asked trying to be composed.

"Nothing." She smiled then she laughs, "I'm kidding! Just channeling Aro's power from twilight. Did I made you scared?"

"Of course not." I lied. She's freaking me out.

She grinned, and I felt like she liked me. "Well I guess... you should get ready and we're going back to the party."

"What party?"

She smiled as she grabs me and in a bit of second we arrived in front of a wide and kind of wooden door. "What are we doing here?"

She just smiled as she stormed out to the door and opened it. "Welcome to the Dracula's ball."

Shin never told me about this. He is so mean living leech.

I'm very amused of what I'm seeing right now. Vampires know how to party! It's like a welcome gathering of Lucif Academy. I can see vampires dancing, moving their hips synchronizing to the rock music. The feeling that's been revolving inside the wide room seems so euphoric that all I wanted was to jive in the crowd.