Chapter 3-Hunters Attacked

"Glad you're here." Shin joins us. I looked around to see that the hunters he's battling with were already gone too.

"Cindy said that Alice run into the woods because you said something vicious, so I hurriedly came. I'm finally relieved that she is safe."

"Alice, you shouldn't go into the woods again. This is not Hamartia that we could just stroll around without feeling harmed." Shin holds my hand worriedly. My eyes turned cold as his worries becomes sour to me.

"Isn't it because you hurt her feelings too much? I know you came here for my sister. Then why did you bring Alice here?"

"Troy, you didn't need to worry. They will not know that Alice is—"

"Whatever your answer, I wouldn't buy it. Just so you know that if you come near again to my sister and if there is something that will happen to Alice, I'll kill you with my own hands."

Shin didn't say anything much as if he was too scared of Troy. There's something wrong about this conversation. Shin is not like this when we're on Earth. And he is dhampir while Troy is just a hunter. But he oddly utters nothing to defend himself.

Troy looked at me like he has something to say and I unintentionally wait for him to speak up.

"Troy, we need to go back." We were startled by someone on his back probably his friend.

"I'll see you again." He said to me and turn around.

Something different from the way he speaks. Maybe because it's the first time he talks to me. We weren't really friends. He's locked up from his room because he has been sick since he was born. And it's amazing to see that he's finally looks healthy. I saw him sometimes while I helped Cindy delivered food for him. They are twins.

"Are you fine?" Shin asked out of nowhere and I'm finally back consciously.

"Yeah." I answered while fixing my wet hair.

The rain stopped as we're walking back quietly. This is the first time that I left nothing to say. My mind went blank and I felt much awkward for the first time. I'm still annoyed when the scene with Cindy flashes back.

Thankful that we already reached the 23rd floor, I heaved a sigh secretly. We stopped at the front door of my room and he finally held my hand.

He looked like he was worried as he sighed, "I deeply apologize for what I've said a while ago. It's not what you thought. You probably loathe me, I know that. But please know that I still care for you Alice. Please let's keep normal." He pleaded.

I shrugged trying to ease the situation, "I'm literally normal." I joked. "If you think that...you said something horrible, please don't because it'll just make everything worse between us." I paused as I try to calm myself, "I'm fine." I assured him. "After all, I should've heard it from you a long time ago. You're right, from now on, we should draw a line between us. I should act as a definition of a friend." I muttered and suddenly my knees were trembling, I'm doing my best to be as strong and reminded myself to never fall for what my heart wanted to do in front of him.

"No. Just... don't... please. Let's keep everything as it seems." He closed his eyes as he strongly held my hand and squeeze it. Shin is my very close friend from the start. I began to reminisce again while considering his eyes. Our relationship is something that I cherished the most. Something that can't be broken by anything. Until Cindy came. And everything is... falling apart. Or maybe... I'm the only one who keep holding onto this relationship.

I shook my head, "I don't get you Shin. You probably just worried that I might cry again like what happened a while ago or lose my control or whatever. But don't mind me. Never be sorry for me. I'll be fine. You don't have to be concerned for me anymore. You're just being honest. It's not like I don't understand what you wanted me to do."