Chapter 20 - Breakout

“She can’t still control it, how can she fight with them?”

“That’s the thing, wouldn’t it be great that she’s uncontrollable in her own way? That means she will be untamed by anyone and can fight with them mercilessly until dhampirs were done, we don’t have a problem anymore.”

“We didn’t even know how she handles combat on her own.”

“It’s not a problem. The curse is the one who’s controlling her this is why she didn’t know anything, that’s it.”

“Still, she needed to undergo training. Hector can help her. She can be stronger like Selene.”

“Who needs training? Alice is not fighting anyone.”

“You are not going to hinder the fate she has, Troy. She must face it.”

“She’s vulnerable! Look how she fainted. She is the Golden Blood but she doesn’t have any choice, she has to run away with this. I’ll protect her.”

“Protect? Didn’t you see what she had done? She ran away thinking the safety of Czarina's father. She’s strong enough to endure her thirsts to kill anyone who drank her blood. It just means she can protect anyone even her own.”

“Troy, listen. The Golden Blood, has the duty to maintain the balance of the two worlds. We are here to cleanse the other world and we can’t just go back to Earth unless dhampirs don’t exist anymore. We need her to fight with us so that the curse will be gone too.”

  I slowly opened my eyes and saw the two Elders with Troy talking in a round table. I sit up their eyes were eyes set on me. Troy hurriedly went into my side as he brushes his hand on my hair. “How’re you feeling right now?”

“Good.” I said, my voice began to rough

“Apples?” He handed me but I refuse.

“I’m not hungry.” I said. I saw the Elders kept mum after they saw me.

“I’ll get you back to your tent.” Troy silently carried me back to my tent. He didn’t said anything to let me indulge myself in peace. I was never in peace but it helps that he didn’t said or ask anything so I could rest my mind from thinking too much. He slowly put me in my bed and seated on my side as he brushes my hair again.

“I heard everything.” I said, he just heave a sigh and nodded.

“They were too eager to end this battle.” He said.

“What happened to Czarina’s father?”

“He’s doing great for the couple of hours. It’s like he never had a cancer. You made a great deed.” He said

I breathe out. “I’m happy to be able to help.”

“Czarina waited for you to be awake but the elders just called her. She wanted to say her appreciation to you.”

“I’m just happy that he’s alive. But… what happened after healing him made me realized that I am dangerous. If I didn’t stop myself from becoming a monster, he’ll die in my hands.” my voice became rough trying to fight back tears.

“With all that happened, I knew it all pours into you. But please bear in mind that you are never an evil person to me. You have a special personality that enlightens people. You enlighten me and encourage me to be strong in so many ways. You know how sick I am lying on my bed when we were in human world. But your smile… and that happiness in your face as I watch you through my windows makes me hope that your smile must never fade. I wanted to live my life again wishing that if I would live again, I want to be by your side.