Chapter 6 - The Ball is in your court

She runs to me as she held my hand and squeeze it. "I beg you." She cried like a wolf dying in a desert. This is the first time I saw her powerless with her cheek full of bruises and lips dripped with blood. Before I could ask her, she drags me to the dark side. We were both standing as she cries in a low tone whispering her sorrow.

"Help us. Just this once." She pleaded. I didn't ask her about what it was. My mind already knows what she's up to. This made me more furious. I bit my lower lip in disgust trying to stop myself from doing reckless things.

Her trembling hands can't stop reaching me even though I tried to push her. "I am selfish, I know that. But this is the dead end for us. And I can't think of any conceivable way."

"Is this all you can think of? To make me be the sacrifice so you can run? Is this how coward you handle your fate?"

"You can call me anything you want. But Shin is a good man, he has other plan for us three." She argues with full of strength and distress in her eyes.

I narrowed my eyes after hearing what she said. "Then, tell me what his plan."

She clears his throat as she wipes her tears. "Shin wanted to escape the night of my engagement. But we can only run when everyone is in the Hall of Amalgamation."

"Amalgamation?" I repeated with confusion.

"It's where the unity of hunter's blood and a vampire's blood occurs. When everyone is focused on the event, we can rescue you in the middle."

I furrowed my brows upon hearing her, "Why it has to be me? I am human."

"That's it. You're human. Hunters are vulnerable in that hall, it's hard to escape for me even I have the strength, I can't use it."

"How about you tell your parents to back out? That you loved someone else. That Shin is here to get you. If you just try to beg on your parents to cancel treaty, then your problem is solved."

"That's not simple. We can't just leave like that. My family already vows to be part of the coven in exchange of..."

"Of what?"

She kept mum. She purposely closed her eyes.

"Why did you stop?" I'm eager and curiously insane of why her emotions turned to something frantic.

"Troy." She whispered "Troy is long dead." She blatantly pronounced.

Impossible.

"He is dead. He is long dead." She repeats.

My eyes narrowed as I didn't get what she's trying to imply to me. "We just met a few minutes ago. And I saw him. Shin and I saw him at the woods not long before."

She nodded, "Yes, he came back as if nothing happened."

"What?" I hardly believed it.

"He died due to sickness and my father was offered to be part of the coven in exchange of saving my twin brother." She shakes her head multiple times. "We don't have a choice. I can't accept that my half soul will die just like that."

"Did Troy became..."

"He's a vampire."

The thought that he is a vampire never came into my mind. I was happy that he became healthy after a long year of suffering. But with all these, I don't know what to feel anymore. It's like the thought never sink in my mind.

"Please, never tell him that you already knew." She begs.

"If this is true, why will you choose to run away and leave your family just like that?"