Sprace- Signing for you

Modern AU

Romeo lived with his foster brother Race and his foster parents. They was a normal family, expect from the fact Race was deaf and used hearing aids. Though he could hear perfectly with his hearing aids, he did prefer to be signed to and preferred to lip read. It was his first day at the same school as his brother, his parents didn't think it was safe for Race to go there but Race begged and begged as did Romeo until they gave in. Romeo may his friends aware of Races situation and also taught them basic sign language though Davey already knew a lot of sign language.

Race walked in the cafeteria and spotted his brother and walked quickly over to him. Romeo handed him his packed lunch, Race sat next to him and thanked him. He began to tuck in. A boy- who went by the name of Spot Conlon- sat beside him.

"That's Spot Conlon, King of Brooklyn and the boys bathroom on the second floor of the main building" Romeo said as well as signing.

Race turned to Spot and waved at him. Spot waved back at him. Spot was determined to make this kid his friend, there was something about him. Maybe it was his bright blue eyes or his blonde hair.

—A week later—

Spot had hanged round with Race everyday since they met, Race ate his lunch. Romeo was trying to get his attention by calling his name, Spot observed what was happening and got Romeo's attention and then point to his ear. Romeo reached behind both of Race's ears and turned them on.

"What do you think your doing" Race said without signing.

"Me, mom and dad have told you to keep them on. I was trying to tell you that you have a free period next" Romeo signed and said. Race nodded. Spot tapped him.

"I have a free period too, you can come to my bathroom. Nobody will come in" he said and signed having to stop twice to ask Davey what some words were. Races face lit up, he smiled and nodded.

The boys walked to Spots bathroom, they sat leaned against the wall.

"Ya know you don't have to sign for me, I can lip read and hear...if I have my hearing aids on" Race said.

"But I like signing for you" Spot said facing Race so he could lip read.

"But I like the sound of your voice" Race smiled at him.

"And I like the sound of your voice, Pretty boy" Spot said stilling facing him.

"You think I'm pretty?" Race asked, a little confused to wether he heard right or not.

"Yes, yes I do" Spot said smiling and ruffling the boys hair.

Race leaned forward a little. Spot leaned forward the fill the gap, he pressed his lips against Races. The kiss was soft and sweet.

"I like signing for you, Racer" Spot said.

"I know, Can you tell me what this means though?" Race said and the signed 'will you be my boyfriend?' Spot had gotten lessons of Davey on how to sign so he knew exactly what it meant.

"You want me to be your boyfriend?" Spot asked trying to hide his blushing face.

"Yes, I do" Race said.

"Then I want you to be my boyfriend" Spot said and then kissed Race again.

They spent the rest of the period in the bathroom, Race had his head against Spots shoulder. They spoke about anything and everything, occasionally kissing each other. This is how they wanted to spend the rest of their life, in each other's arm and company, sharing kisses. This was perfect.

I really enjoyed writing this. Leave requests in the comments :)