Javid - You can't just walk back in here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspen_Santa_Fe_Ballet

This is why their child is called Aspen. I had to do research for this, haha. Jack secretly tied his kids name into Santa Fe.

Jack Kelly remembers that day when he 18. Him and Davey Jacobs had been in a relationship for 2 years at the point and it was strong. He was sat on a rooftop with his friends, the newsies, Davey was sat beside him with his head on Jack's right shoulder. Beers in their hands. They had this weekly thing back then where they'd meet up on someone's rooftop, drink beers and just be around each other. They were a close knit group the newsies. They still are. That's something pretty incredible seen how they were loads of them.

Jack looked to his right where Davey had turned his head so he could talk to Albert, his best friend. Albert had Race in his lap and Spot as close as he could be on his side. They were chatting about some project they working on. Jack's mouth turned to a smirk when he saw his younger brother, Race, looking confused at what the two were talking about. Jack then moved his attention to left where his other brother, Crutchie, was giving his boyfriend, Finch a big hug. His attention was then turned to Sniper because she was suggesting something to the group.

"Let's play Truth or Drink." She suggested. Everyone immediately agreed. They span an empty beer bottle to decide who would ask first. It landed on Romeo, Jack's other brother.

"Hmm, I wanna cowboy a question." He smiled and turned to face Jack. "If ya had to choose would you choose Santa Fe or Davey?" Everyone be came very intrigued by this.

They all knew Jack was obsessed with Santa Fe. It wasn't like he tried to hid it. He did almost go to Santa Fe but then Davey came along at changed everything. It didn't change his obsession with Santa Fe though, it just put it on hold. Davey looked up at him expectantly. Jack didn't know how to answer that question. Davey was his life, he was his love but Santa Fe was a goal he'd been working towards since he could remember. He couldn't choose between them. Everyone was waiting on his response and Jack knew he couldn't put it off any longer. He reached forward and grabbed a shot glass and downed it. Jack purposely did not look towards Davey. He didn't want to see the disappointment on Davey's face. Everyone else saw it though. Jack also didn't see Albert putting a reassuring hand on Davey's shoulder.

Everyone thought the answer was Davey when the two married at 21. Jack proposed to Davey after all. When they married everyone thought Jack was over Santa Fe. He hadn't mentioned it in so long. Jack didn't even mention it in his vows or speech which Race was honestly expecting from him.

Then they had a baby girl when they were 22. Aspen Kelly-Jacobs. That just made everyone extra sure Jack had given up on Santa Fe. Well everyone but Jack himself. For Jack had a special reason why he suggested that name to Davey. Davey just thought Jack had heard this cute name somewhere and suggested it. He wasn't wrong expect Jack had put more thought into it than what he expected.

For the next 4 years Jack never once mentioned Santa Fe. However, if you looked through his search history that would say something different. Jack and Davey looked strong to anyone who knew them. They had a little girl who was perfect as she could be. They had a lovely little house with their favourite people, Race, Spot, Albert and their child Nicolo, across the road from them. But then one night Jack packed his bag while Davey was in the shower and then in the cupboard near the door. He hugged his daughter for longer that night. He read her story for a change. Davey usually do it while Jack listened. He cuddle longer and tighter with Davey that night. Then, Davey fell asleep.

As soon as Jack knew Davey was fast asleep he gently and slowly climbed out of their bed. He collected the last few things he needed out of their room and left them by the doorstep. He checked on his daughter for the last time. Jack then went into the kitchen scribbled out a quick note saying he was leaving for Santa Fe. Just like that Jack was gone.