Race/Albert- Funny business

The newsboys were all getting ready for bed. Davey was finally allowed to stay the night as well as his baby brother, Les. They were all getting into bed and saying goodnight to each other.

"Davey help! There's a monster under my bed. It's the ugliest thing I've ever seen." Race said with a playful voice.

"Is this why you wanted the top bunk?" Albert said.

Race popped his head down. "Obviously." He sticks his tongue out and went to bed.

—————— A few hours later

"Psst, Race." Albert said pushing the mattress of the bed above him "what time is it?"

"Ise dunno. Pass me that old saxophone and I'll find out." Race said.

Albert handed him the saxophone a little confused. Race blew loudly into the saxophone waking all the newsies up.

"Who the fuck is playing a saxophone at 2am?!" Jack said storming in from the room him and Davey were in.

"It's 2am, Albert" Race said and all the newsies rolled their eyes and went to sleep.

"Come with me, Race" Albert said pulling him off the bed and too the fire escape.

They sat next to each other on the fire escape their legs dangling down.

"Did you literally just play a saxophone to find out the time?" Albert laughed.

"Only for you, Al." Race smiled.

The boys shared a glance. Neither knew who leaned in first but all they knew is that they kissed and it was long and passionate. It was passionate as if so much love had been locked away for years.