Ralbert - Ghosts

A/N- this is depressing cause I'm currently depressed so 🤷‍♀️

Race sighed. He stared at the unmarked grave sadly. He wondered to himself how someone so young could die. He wondered who would take his soulmate from him. Him and Albert were close as two people could be. They'd do everything together. Then Albert told Race how much he loved him. Race told him how much he loved him. Then they kissed.

Then everything changed. They had to live a life where they had to keep it a secret - other than in the lodging house. But other than that everything changed for the better until Albert was killed. Until some idiots soaked him too much. Until Albert left his soulmate behind.

Race walked back to the newsboy lodging without a cigar in his mouth, without his usual cheeky smile, without his soulmate. Jack had been allowing him to stay in the single bedroom just while he healed.

He walked in and sighed. Race slowly took his shoes off before looking up. When he looked up he saw Albert sat on his bed. He looked at the ginger haired boy then looked back at the door.

"But, youse is dead." Race said a little shocked.

"Ise is dead." Albert looked at Race

Race just stood there and nodded his head.

"Ise is here because you is looking for who killed me but Racer it was an accident. Youse need to stop looking for them and heal. They didn't mean to." Albert said in his soft voice.

Race looked a little shocked.

"But how does I heal without you." Race asked.

"Because you does what i want to do. Do what Ise always wanted to." Albert said before leaving through the wall.

Race sat on the end of the bed. He sighed and picked up his cigar. For the first time in ages he took a draw from it. He reached into his pocket and pulled out the bucket list him and Albert have been making since they were small. He looked at it, to heal all he needed to do was try and do the things on this list.

Sorry that this is short and a bit crap. Trying to get back into writing so. I have a bunch of half finished drafts I'm hoping to post soon so stay tuned. Sorry for taking a big break again.