Chapter 16

The steel evevator doors open. Tails and classic sonic ran in. "I got it sonic! I figured out a way to stop Eggman's phantom ruby!"

" That great!" 

"Great work Tails!" 

" Based on these readings, The phantom ruby requires an incredible amount of energy, Which only the Death egg can provide. We simply stop the energy transfer and boom. The phantom ruby is proctically useless."

"Simply? last I checked the Death egg is a heavily fortified...well, Death egg."

"True but I came up with a plan. First we distract Eggman, While he's not paying attention we use the chemical plant computer to hack into the death egg's weapon system and shut it down. With no weapons destroying the death egg will be a piece of cake. No death egg, Mean the phantom ruby is nearly useless."

While they were discussing the plan. You had a glimse of hope. If the phantom ruby was no longer active then maybe you could save Infinite... If he's being controlled that is.

" Well, you know, It's crazy enough to work. so forst we need a distaction, I'm on it."

" No way knuckles, You're too easily distracted that's not good trait for a distraction.Plus you're our commander we need you here."

" How about the rookie?, Eggman would never expect it, it my even throw him off a little."

" Good idea. you got your orders rookie. We only have one more day before Eggman's plan is executed so let's hustle!"

The rookie runs into the elevator. He looks back and gave everyone a thumbs.

" Hehe." you return the favor and gave him a thumbs up."

Sonic looked at Tails. "alright Tails and I will go to the chemical plant and shut down the death egg. (Y/n) you coming?"

" ya."

" Alright, come on let's get going."

" We're almost at the chemical plant. How's the rookie doing?"

" So far so good. We might have to stop using the nickname "rookie" If the kid kepps this up."

" I knew he could do it!"

" Next we've got to get to the computer at the chemical plant and shut the death egg's weapons system."

" Perfect, I've been waiting for my turn to bust some heads." You sonic and Tails were now on your way to the computer. running on this wavy yellow and blue road. Once it ended you all were running on this metal bridge. You could hear our every move, our every step.

" The rookie did a great job as a decoy. Time for you to do your thing. We have to capture the chemical plant. If anyone tries to stop you, take them out!"

" Say no more , they wo't know what hit them."You and sonic land on a rail, Tails used his tails to fly next to you. He held your hand in case you lose your balance. you all reach the end of the rail. Sonic grabbed thti cable swing  and it took him to another rail. And Tails helped you across. You were hoping you weren't to heavy for him. You set your feet on another rail and tried to catch up with sonic.

" Sonic slow down!"

" No can do!"

"Oh right I forgot."

" Hehe, It's ok some times i forgrt too."

" Hey Tails, was I too heavy for you back there?" He looked very nervious to answer that question. He's smart but he was'nt sure how to answer, He wasn't sure how you would react. Usually women would be offended by either responce. If he said yes or a little bit you would be offended you and if he said no you might think he was lying. The pressure is real.

" Haha!" You both heard sonic laughing. 

" Good luck Tails." Tails averted his eyes and glared at sonic.

" No, you weren't heavy at all, I can't say the same for sonic."

"Pffhahahahaaaa." You burst out with laughter.

" Hey I heard that!"

" Aww sonic he was only teasing. you know we love you."

" Ya ya." We jump into a tube like entrance, And there were laser.

" Heh I'd enjoy this even more if I wasn't on a mission"

" Oh no, Not these again." Luckily there weren't a lot of lasers and you made it through.

" Ok, we're in!"

" The computer room is up ahead. You should be able to shut down the Death egg's defense system from there."   ( hehe did you catch it?  "computer room"....Vector: Triggered.  XD)

Going through many obstacles. You began to get closer and closer to the "Computer Room".(...hehe) 

"We found a way through to the computer room."

" All right now you can destroy the Death egg." Finally reaching the computer room. Tails walks over to the computer and presses a few bottons. Once he found the way to shut down the Death egg a red botton started glowing. And you were right in front of it. Sonic and Tails looked at you.

" You have the honors (y/n)." You look at Tails then back at the botton and you didn't hesitate to press it.

                              ( hehe....computer room      < v <)