Chapter 27

You press your fingers against your communicator.

" Sonic He's Not Breathing!!!"

"What!?"

"He's Not Breathing, Infinite's Not Breathing!!!"

Amy hears you screaming. She quickly turns around and sees you giving Infinite CPR. She runs over to the both of you.

"Amy help me. He's not breathing!!" 

She covers her mouth with her palm. She gets on her knees and grabs his hand and checks if he had a pulse there, But she didn't feel anything. You set your hands on his chest,Pushing a few times  but so far nothing. Tears start to slide down your face.

"Please!" You quickly remove his mask only for his mouth to be revealed. You quickly put your lips on his. Exhaling into his mouth a few times. Then press your hands against his chest again.

"Infinite, Please Breathe!!!"

Sonic and the others could hear you screaming. Your voice slowly faded away as sonic saw the chest of the robot be forced open. soon after that this thing jumps out of it. As it now stood in  front of him. They could hear the phantom ruby being activated. Sonic, the rookie and the other sonic quickly chase after it. 

Your cries were heard.

"Infinite please come back, please...I ...love you..."

"End this ,sonic. defeat him!"

" Go for it , sonic!"  You pick up Infinite and pull him closer as you continued to weep for him.

' No, this isn't over. we can still save him!" The rookie announced. He runs ahead and uses his flamethrower and lands the first hit. Sonic and the other sonic use spin attacks on the death egg soon after. 

They all try not to waste time and hurry towards the death egg robot again. At the same time avoiding from getting hit by lasers. They sped ahead and they were able to land 7 hits on the robot, they weren't done yet. Classic sonic runs ahead and hits the robot on his own. Sonic runs ahead and lands another hit and the rookie did the same soon after.

They got closer, once again dodging lasers and they repeated their plan a few more times. 

"There is nothing we can't achieve together. Victory is ours for the taking! Triple  Boost!!!"

They burst right through the death egg robot causing the phantom ruby to shatter. The death egg robot started to explode and started to ignite in flames and become nothing more but scraps.

All the enemies glitch and disappear. All the villagers cheered. The war was finally over. A loud long inhale was heard. You look at  Infinite and he was breathing again.

"*Cough*cough*!" 

" Infinite, you're alive!!!" You pull him into your embrace. He softly sets his hand on your back. Amy was over joyed. The others run over to you and Infinite. His vision started to fuzzy. He could see all these figures walk closer to you. He closes his eyes.

"...Thank you,...hedgehog..."

All the villagers had went home. But you stood behind. Classic sonic started to disappear.

" I guess this is goodbye. Get home safely sonic and thanks for everything." Tails sets his hand in sonic's. He gives him a thumbs up and everyone gave him a thumbs up back. He slowly became translucent. Sonic looks at Tails and raises his hand forming it in to a fist. Tails presses his fist against his. Sonic waves goodbye.

Tails steps forward  and reaches for him, But he was already gone. He looks down. The rookie and sonic walk over to him. Sonic sets his hand on his shoulder.

" Cheer up Tails, I'm sure we'll run into him again." Sonic turns around to everyone. 

"Alright guys, it's time we cleaned up the mess that Eggman let this world in, and i'm not talking about those illusions he dreamed up for us. We need to fix the real world we all live in!"

"Ya."

" True dat." The rookie nods as you all agree.

                                                          " C'mon, let's go!"