Chapter 17

Everything around you started to shut down. " Come on let's go."

 You both run aftersonic. Going the same way you came. Once you got to the outside you all went in a different direction and found another metal bridge and you decided to take that route all the way back. Tails and sonic were talking and laughing ahead of you. After a while they noticed you were offly quiet. Sonic turned his head to Tails. 

" Tails watch this." sonic looks back at you.

" Hey (y/n) what are you thinking about, your boyfriend~? He teased. It was obvious this was payback from earlier.

You face was coated with blush "Eek Sonic!"

" What boyfriend?"

" AAHH Nothing!!!!"

" Oh just her new crush~."

" Sonic i swear if you s-"

" You're in love with Infinite~."

"SONIC!!!!!"

" What you're in love with Infinite?!"

" AAAAAAHH NO I DON'T LIKE HIM LIKE THAT!!!" Of course you were lying just a little bit." I just want to help him."

"help him with what?"

" Well this sounds a little crazy, but I think Infinite is being controlled by the phantom ruby."

" Hmm that's sound interresting,... hos does that make her in love with him?"

" Mmmmm...///////////."

" Cause."

" Sonic i'm giong to drop kick you!"

"Heh, only if you can keep up." He run ahead.

" I don't like Infinite ok?"

" Ok if you say so..."

" The death egg's weapon system's are down! now is your chance!"

" Hurry , just destroy the death egg and cut off the power supply!"

" You're making it sound like a walk in the park, This is the death egg."

" Don't sweat it. the other sonic has this under control."

" Hey the defense system's still up. I thought we shut it down!"

" They probably switched over to auxiliary power. Not to worry sonic is on the job. He'll find a way through."

You all watched as sonic made his way through the death egg. You were a bit tense and nervious for sonic, but he looked like he knew what he was doing.

" Gah, this is the pits It's messin with my head!"

"Just stay calm and you'll figure out the way forward."

 Sonic made is way around with the stages twisting and turning, but he made it through.

" All right, the death egg is starting to crumble. Get outta there before it blows!"

" Come on sonic!"

Once sonic entered  the atmosphere the death egg started to explode. Sonic sky dived and landed in green hill. Once his feet set into the green grass he exhaled. He stood up and looked back up at the sky and watched as the death egg become nothing more than scraps in space. Back ata the hideout we all cheered."

" They did it! the phantom ruby's power should be down to almost nothing."

" Get those resistance pests and their clever little plots. They're like something on your shoes that you can't wipe off."

" It appears they have taken our legs right out from under us. quite impressive really."

" I don't have legs, neither do you dude."

" Don't remind me dude." ( That part made me laugh so hard XD it was just adorable. ) Infinite came into view.

" Five more hours before the plan is executed. Infinite let's make a tactical retreat so that we can re-mobilize our forces."

" By "tactical retreat' you mean to say flee with our tails between our legs. I'm quite displeased about this doctor."

" Shut up and just follow me." Infinite watched Eggman hurry past him  and he soon followed.

" Mission accomplished. The phantom ruby's signalhas gotten much weaker." You were lost in thought, if he was free from the phantom ruby would he be ok, would Eggman hold him hostage?

" This should effectively put a stop to the doctor's greatest weapon."

" The sonic's have made an opening for us, we can't just let that go to waste."

" This is the moment we've been waiting for, time to settle the score. Now that the phantom ruby is out of our way we can finally smash Eggman into an omelette."

" Hey, don't count your chicken before you smash the eggs."

" Rouge is right. the fact that Eggman and Infinite are still around means we can't let our guard down."

" I just want everyone to get home safely, ok?"

" All right fine, everyone get your game face on. The target is Eggman at the Central tower."

                        " We're fighting to get our world back now."