Chapter 20

"How's the battle going?"

" We've got them on the ropes, if our fleet can keep the upper hand we should have things under control soon!"

Up ahead on their path there were robots blocking their way. The rookie ran ahead and pulled out his flamethrower. He was able to take out most of the robots but then he ran out of ammo. Sonic used a spin attack on the rest of them and their path was now clear.

"Come on!" They continue on their way. Finding a bounce pad, they both use it at the same time. Raising over the tallest building and sky driving. The rookie grabs sonic's arm with both of his hands. Sonic looks back.

 " Hey, It's ok buddy. were almost there." He nods. They land on another rail. Sonic made it looks easy. Staying on Eggman tracks.

Finally finding Eggman. standing before him orbot notices this and warns Eggman.

" Excuse me, Boss?" Eggman turns around slightly and caught a glimpse of sonic....It took him a second of two for him to realize it really was sonic.

" WHAT!?, It can't be, It's impossible to get out of the phantom ruby's null space!"

"Hmph ..."

" Maybe by myself but i had a little help from my friend. Sonic looked at the rookie and he looked back at him with a smile.

" Something you wouldn't understand since you don't have any friend."

Eggman was easily offended and angered by this.

" This changes nothing, Doctor Eggman will still have the last laugh." Eggman takes his leave. Infinite, orbot and cubot soon followed.

" Maybe he'd have more friends if he didn't talk about himself in third person." The rookie laughed and gave him a thumbs up. Sonic noticed something.

"Hehe, here let me fix that for you." Sonic walks closer to him. Which made him blush not knowing sonic's intentions. Sonic sets his fingertips on his glasses and fixes them. Once sonic was done he stepped back. He puts his hands in the air and formed his fingers into a picture frame.

" perfect." The rookie blushed and gave him a smile. 

    (hehe  (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧    (¬‿¬)  this picture was made by KiraTheHedgehog01 on deviantart)

You and Tails meet up with the others and Amy was the first one to notice. She covers her mouth.

"( y/n) what happened to your face?!" Everyone looked at you. You quickly cover the split on your face. Silver steps closer.

"(y/n) let me see." You hesitated. Silver pulls your hand away from your face.

" Was it him?!, did Infinite hit you?!" Everyone was convinced by the thought that he did.

" No!" 

"Look at your face!"

Tails steps in. "(y/n)'s right, It wasn't him,he lost control of his body."

" So you're falling for it too?!"

" Silver!"

" He can't be trusted, He's the enemy, he hit her Amy!" Amy looks at you. You look at her and you nod your head.

Shadow turns around in the opposite direction. He looks over his shoulder. 

" I made a promise to you, and I intend to keep it."

" Please you have to understand, It wasn't him!"

" That's enough,... (Y/n) We've got less than an hour before Eggman's plan goes down."

" There is no time, we have to break into the fortress now."

"Indeed, this is it. Our last opportunity to bring peace to the world."

" But ... when the battle ends, We'll have to park ways with sonic... I mean this sonic... won't we?" You look at Tails and you grab his hand. 

"It's ok Tails."

" Yes, If the phantom ruby's gone, I guess he'll be returned to his dimension."

Tails looks at sonic and gives him a small smile.

"Thank you for everything sonic, I'll never forget what you did for us." You kneel down in front of sonic.

" Ya, you were a big help." You lean towards sonic, setting a kiss on his forehead. Making him blush like crazy since he had a crush on you.

" Save the sentiments for later, this is not over yet. We still have a battle to fight."

           " Exactly, this is our last chance, Give it everything you've got!"