Chapter 23

Sonic now stood before Infinite 

"Pathetic little hedgehog, even with the phantom ruby weakened I still have enough power to smash you into blue jelly, I 'll show you how out-classed you really are."

" I'm in a class all my own. Time to put- up or shut up Infinite."

Infinite uses the phantom ruby to allow him to look bigger and to be come a bigger threat (no pun intended if there was one lol) 

Sonic follows Infinite down the path.

"What would you like your epitaph to read? how about "he lies the blue buffoon?"

" Why not, "He dozes the masked clown. might is well make it for the person who needs it, right?"

Sonic chases after him. dodging everything that was thrown in way. Easily landing three hits he continued this once more.

"You're done for sonic,the phantom ruby's energy is recharged. Perish along with your useless friends. and as for (y/n), she will raise with me."

[ Woah he really is crazy about her.]

The rookie uses his grapple hook to try to hit Infinite, except he merely moved about an inch to avoid getting hit by it.

Infinite looks in the direction where the rope came from.

" You!" 

He had his hand around your waist and you had your arms around his neck. You both land in between of sonic and Infinite.

" My friends got me this far." Sonic walks in between you and the rookie.

" Together we're gonna win!"

"Friend are nothing but a fleeting illusion, You should have stayed where you were, my dear."

" That mask can't hide how sad and lonely you are. That phantom ruby virtual reality is the real illusion."

" Sonic's right Infinite, It's using you!"

You stayed a few feet behind and watch as sonic and the rookie fought Infinite a few feet ahead. While they were doing this, you got ready for the final blow. You pulled that small metal pole from earlier. You were the only one that could close to him.  

You quicken your pace and caught up with them." Ok guys, here's the plan, you guys have to tire him out, Once that is done, I'll get close and destroy the phantom ruby myself."

" Sounds like a plan to me, Ready partner?"

" Hehe ready!"

" Let's go!" They run ahead of you and proceeded with the your plan. You catch up as they slow down.

" One more time guys!" They rush ahead. Sonic grabs  the rookie's hand.

" Ready, Double Boost!" They charge into him one last time causing him to fall back, tumbling and rolling. You stand beside sonic and the rookie. Infinite manages to get on his knees  in front of all of you. 

The phantom ruby started to glow, Causing harm to him. His agonizing screams filled the silence.

" YOu WorThLesS CreaTUre, YoUR WeaK anD yOU alwaYS WIll Be!"

" No... I can still fight!"

" YOu'lL DIe LiKe AlL thE OthErs!"

"AAAGGH, AAAAAAAGHHH!" You could see blood coming from his chest.

" Infinite!!!" You run over to him.

" LET HIM GOO!" You used all your strength and you quickly swing the pole against his chest shattering the phantom ruby into over 100 pieces. He falls on his back. all the the pieces from phantom ruby fall to the ground.

As Infinite laid on the floor. Soon you could hear him breathing rapidly. He started slowing kicking his legs and started scratching at his mask for air.

 You drop the pole and run over to help him. You sit on your knees next of him and you help him. You have your back facing sonic and the  rookie. You use you body to to cover his face. 

You take off his mask and you put it down next to you. Sonic and the rookie look at each other surprised. You pull him closer and you laid his head on your lap. You grab his hand and he held yours tightly. 

He looks at you with his eyes wide open. As blood trickled down his chin, you could feel his hand shaking in yours.

" It's ok, it's over it can't hurt you anymore." His breathing slowed and his eye lids start to get heavy.

" Infinite?..." 

" I-I'm sorry." He lifts his other hand and sets in on your right cheek where he had hit you. You lay your head in his hand, enjoying his touch. 

"It's ok, it wasn't your fault." You smile and he smirks in return. He closes his eyes. You wrap your arms around his neck hugging him. You pull away with tears in you r eyes. 

You reach over to your side and you grab his mask and you put it back on him. He doesn't want the others to see his face, So to be safe you did just that.

Sonic and the rookie run over to you.

" Woah, I guess he was being controlled by that thing, You ok?"

" ....Ya..." The rookie walks closer to you. He set s his hand on your shoulder.

" It's ok, He'll be alright. The phantom ruby took a lot out of him."

" You're right." You set your palm on the cheek of his mask.

" Come on, we have to finish is once and all!" You and the rookie nod. you put Infinite on your back with his arms around your neck, And you and the rookie followed sonic.