Chapter 35

Zero finds his way back to the room he had first arrived in. He walks into  the room towards the broken window. Once again hearing glass being crushed underneath his feet.  He climbs through the window. Once he stepped out of the room he could feel the wild cold night wind blow against his onyx fur.  It had been a long time since he's felt the night wind, It felt just like he remembered refreshing.

He closes his eyes and inhales the starry sky wind. Over a few seconds had passed. He open his eyes and looks at the direction he came from and makes his way back to you and the others.

The next day. Everyone had went back to the hideout, well after the war was over the hideout became the hangout spot. But today you went back to the hideout waiting for Zero to return.

This was the only place he knows you would be, since he doesn't know where you and the others live so  for now you just waited. 

All these hours pass and it soon became sunset and he still wasn't back yet. As each hour had past you began to grow worried. Of course Amy was there by your side and helped you pass the time. 

A few minutes back, sonic had left. Soon after that  the rookie, well Gadget thought it was time for him to go and he left to find sonic.Everyone said their goodbyes  and Gadget took his leave. Once the elevator doors opened he had walked in and waved at everyone goodbye. The steel doors close and he could feel this ache in his chest. He  hated goodbyes.Saying goodbye is never easy, especially when your saying goodbye to the person you love.

He was now outside with the tri-colored sky, and there he stood. Sonic was just enjoying the view and was intrigued by the beautiful sunset. Gadget had his way over to him. Sonic turns his head and notices Gadget.

" Hey partner, i was just about to go for a run."

" Hehe as always, and you can call me Gadget."

"Oh, so Gadget is your name huh, that's a cool name."

" Thank you."

They both stared at the sunset like they had done the day before.Meanwhile they were gazing, Gadget was thinking of the right words to say.

" I guess this is goodbye."

Sonic looks away from the sunset.

"So you're leaving huh?"

" Ya, i'm needed else where."

" I get that... thanks."

Gadget turns his head not sure what he meant by that. 

" Thanks for all your help."

He smiles at sonic.

" Your welcome."

" Well i hate goodbyes but..."

Sonic moves fro his spot and pulls Gadget into his embrace. He stood frozen for a short time before returning the hug. Gadget softly sets his head on his shoulder and closes his eyes enjoying this moment. Feeling sonic's warm body so close to his made him feel safe and happy.

He started to feel worried when this hug would end. Soon their was broken and came to an end, but soon after sonic pulls him into a kiss. Gadget's eyes were wide open showing a surprised expression. He soon closed his and fell into the kiss.

Sonic Moves his hand on to his waist and pulls him closer to himself. Gadget slowly wrapped his arms  around his neck and pushes his lips harder against his. They finally pull away  and a string of saliva connected their tongues.

" Huff sonic huff I...."

" I know huff." He smiles in response. Sonic pulls him into another kiss but this one was different it was short and sweet. They both pull away from the kiss with their hands within each others. Sonic steps back still holding Gadget's hand in his.He let's go and quickly runs off. Gadget watched until sonic was no longer in view.

He turns his attention back to the sunset and runs towards it, jumping over the rail and off the edge. Using hie grapple hook to catch himself.

About 20 more minutes pass and infinite finally arrives at the hideout. He steps int o the elevator and just just waits for the doors to open. The elevator comes to a stop and it was merely seconds before the doors open. At that moment he began to become nervous so he closes his eyes and took a deep breath to bring his heart beat to a normal speed. Seconds had past and the doors finally opened. 

Only you, Amy and silver looked at the elevator. Once you realized who it was you stood up. He opens his eyes and walks into the room. The doors behind him close. 

" Zero!"

 Everyone looked, hearing you come a name that as unfamiliar to them. He stabs his sword into the floor and he held hi arms out wide, welcoming you into a hug. You run to him and he smirked. You wrap your arms around his neck as you laid in his embrace.

" I missed you."

" *chuckles* I told you i'd come back to you, didn't i?" 

You look at him and smile. He smirks at you and sets his lips on yours in front of everyone. Tails cover his eyes and so did charmy. You close your eyes to enjoy the kiss even more, but Zero kept his eyes half way open and he looked over at silver to see his reaction. Basically rubbing it in his face. Silver was easily taunted by this and looked away.

Amy started jumping and clapping and knuckles whistled . Zero ends the kiss  and stares into your (e/c) eyes.

" You were gone so long, I almost thought she had forgotten you."

Everyone looks at silver and Amy gives this " don't you dare " look. Zero chuckles at his comment.

" She couldn't have forgotten me , not after what i did to her." 

Everyone looked quite shocked. Knuckles and vector cover Tails and charmy's ears. Amy looks back at you and covers her mouth. You face palm trying to cover your red face before anyone could notice. 

" (Y/n)... can i talk to you for a minutes?"