Chapter 26

"Tails something is wrong. It's Infinite, He's in pain. What's going on over there?!"

" Eggman is using a piece of the phantom ruby. What i'm thinking is what Infinite was using was only half of the ruby. Back there you said Eggman fused Infinite with the phantom ruby. If it was trying to hurt him like you said then if the other half is still active it might still be able to hurt him!"

" So you mean to tell me as long as that phantom ruby is in one piece it can still hurt him?!"

" I'm afraid so... " 

You stay silent not knowing what to do now. You look at him as he suffers in pain.

" (Y/n), stat where you are and protect Infinite, I got your back!" Amy looks back at you and gives you a warm smile.

" But, i want to help!"

" Don't worry, we got this!" Knuckles assured you.

"Ya (y/n), don't worry. Me, the rookie  and the other sonic will destroy the phantom ruby once and for all!"

They all charged at the death egg robot and used their own way to take this thing down. The death egg robot raises above the ground, causing the ground to shake and the mountain to growl.

"He's over clocking the phantom ruby. That's insane!"

" No regular tool can damage it now. You're our last hope!"

"Give it your all sonic. You'll always be our shinning hope!"

Classic sonic was the first to attack the huge robot. The robot scooped up some rocks and throws them at him. Sonic decided to use the same technique that he used back in green hill. He waited for them to get close enough. He used a homing attack into the rock causing it to be thrown back at the death egg robot. After doing this only a few times the robot couldn't take any more damage from that. It had fallen to a lower level and now it was the rookie's turn.

" Go on, rookie, I know you can do it!"

" Our faith is in your hands!"

The robot shot some missiles at him. He got out of the way as quick as possible. He ran a few feet away. The robot slams it's fist against the floor. Te rookie took this opportunity to attack it with his flamethrower and it slowly melted. Then more missiles were fired but these missiles were different, they started to follow him. He looks back and they were getting closer. He looks forward and there were some coming his way. 

He waited for the perfect time to move out of the way. He does a back flip out of the way, and all the missiles crashed into each other. The  robot slams it's fist  onto the floor once more  and the rookie took it out. The  robot started to bug out and it shut down. 

Then this noise was heard. It sounded like a heart beat.

Infinite started to feel the pain increase with each heart beat.

" AAAAAGH!" 

"What's wrong , say something!"  

His chest started to bleed again. Your eyes widened. Sonic hears his communicator go on.

" AAAAGGGHHH!!!!"

" Sonic Hurry It's Killing Him!!!"

The heart beat from the robot chest caused the red glass wall to shatter. Then... it stopped, so did Infinite. You looked at him as he stood completely silent.

"Infinite...?"

 You pull him closer and....

You couldn't feel him breathing....

Your heart skips a beat and you quickly cheek his pulse and . . . . . . .

                                                         "INFINITE!!!!"