1

My bag rolls behind my feet as I step through the exit doors, the warm breeze hitting me like my favourite McDonalds burger. I breathe in the air, letting the heat flow through me. Despite the limited people around, all I hear is noise. I guess that's the airport for you. I pause the music playing through my headphones, putting Axel Rose's song on halt. My eyes search up and down the taxi lane, but I don't have to search for long. On my right, I spot my brother running towards me, a giant smile on his face.

"Liam!" I cheer.

I let go of my bag, and throw my arms around him. He embraces me, squeezing me tightly against him.

"Argh!" he laughs. "I'm so happy to see you!"

"You're telling me," I snicker.

"You look so good," he tells me, stepping backwards to take me in.

"Why thank you," I pull my head towards my neck, showing off my double chin.

He lets out a loud laugh, and grabs my bag off the floor. I contemplate taking it myself, but I'd rather not. Who am I to turn down a free baggage carrier?

"You didn't bring your books?" he asks.

I give him a blank look. He knows damn well I left those behind.

He purses his lips, his head falling down in a nod.

"Where's mum and dad?" I ask.

"They're parking the car. We were late of course."

"I shouldn't be surprised," I smirk.

"The Robins always roll in late," he laughs.

I look up at him, taking in his appearance, he's changed a lot since I last saw him. He's grown up. I guess that's to be expected. He's 18 now, but he was 14 when I left. His brown hair is styled up in a quiff, a look he used to hate doing. What surprises me most, is the drawings littered all over his body.

"You got tattoos?" I question.

"Mary does them now," he nods, mentioning his girlfriend.

"Are you serious? That's so cool!"

Mary has always loved drawing. Even as a kid, she'd come over to hang out with Liam, but end up just drawing at his desk while he played video games. It was a cute little dynamic they had. They've been together for years now, since middle school, actually, and they're without a doubt the sweetest couple I know. I honestly couldn't see Liam's life without Mary in it. They're perfect for each other.

I was only 12 when I left, but I got along with Mary fairly well. I'm assuming we're only going to grow closer now that we're both a little older.

Liam and I have already walked halfway to the carpark, when I spot my parents up ahead. They're waving frantically at me, their expressions full of excitement.

God, I missed them.

I let out a high pitched squeal, and abandon Liam mid-conversation.

"My little Lucy is finally back home!" My mum exclaims, throwing her arms around. My dad follows, wrapping me up in a small group hug.

"It's so good to see you again, dear," my dad smiles, pulling away from me.

"I'm so happy to be back home," I grin.

"We're excited you're home too," mum assures me, but her happiness has a hint of concern. "Maybe we can work on that attitude problem a little."

Oh fuck.

I roll my eyes, letting out a loud groan. I knew this was coming. I just wish it could've waited till we got home. But hey, I guess a strict talking to is unavoidable when you get expelled from a prestigious private school.

Thankfully, Liam comes to my rescue.

"Not now mum," he tells her. "Good vibes only."

I snicker at him. "It's obvious you're from Florida when you say that."

"Born and raised, baby," he smirks. "Born and raised."

Our banter doesn't last.

"We will be talking about this though, Lucy," my dad gives me a pointed look.

"Yeah, yeah," I brush him off. "Can we get some food on the way home?"

"Still eating like a pig, I see?" Liam smirks.

"Wouldn't be me if I didn't," I respond, following my parents to their car. 

----------

I hope you enjoyed the first chapter!

Please remember to vote and feel free to comment!

xoxoxo