3

The place is buzzing when we get there. It's a decent sized house, but completely filled with people. Liam manages to get a park near the front of the house, and leads me through the crowd of people hanging out on the front lawn.

Although I'm trying to stay calm, my insides are going crazy. I'm not sure what it is that's making me so anxious, the crown, being around new people, or my inexperience at parties, but I feel a little uncomfortable. At least I know for sure my brother won't be drinking tonight. He still has to drive me home.

Music thumps through the house, shaking the walls and the floor, which really isn't helping my anxiety there are a bunch of people hanging around, drinking, singing and dancing. There's a group of varsity boys on the stairs, doing some kind of man chant. One of them makes eye contact with me, and I instantly look away, and continue following Liam through the house.

We arrive at a back door, where the party has poured out into the garden. Liam leads me onto the grass, until we reach a group of people. Instantly, I recognize Mary.

"Lucy!" she gasps, stepping out of the circle.

"Hey girl!" I grin. "How've you been?"

"It's so good to see you again! You've grown up so much!"

"SO have you!" I laugh.

And she has. She's grown way taller than I have, and already has numerous tattoos on her arms. Her frame is unbelievably petite, and she's dressed in a tight, black dress. Her black hair reaches her shoulders, cut into a fringe, just like it used to be.

"Liam missed you like crazy you know?" she teases him, her eyes flickering over to his.

"Aw, well I missed him too," I laugh. "I can't believe you two are still together."

"I'm so happy with him," she assures me.

"You better fucking be," Liam grins, giving her a pointed look.

He throws his arm over her shoulder, tugging her closer to him. I smile at them. They really do look sweet together. They turn around, nodding me over to the group of boys behind them.

There's three of them, each with a cup and a cigarette either in their hands or at their lips. They're all dresses extremely similarly to Liam, in black skinny jeans and some kind of plain top. My eyes flicker over their faces.

Next to me, stands boy with his hair in dreadlocks, tied up in a ponytail. His brown eyes shine, with his dark lips pulled up into a large smile. He's the only black guy in the group, and also the happiest, it seems. He definitely looks like the fun one of the group.

"You must be Lucy," he eyes me. "I'm Kal."

"It's nice to meet you," I say, giving him a sweet little wave.

"This is Alex," Liam says, nodding at the next guy.

Alex has a very kind face. His hair is dark brown, tied up in a man bun atop his head. He gives me a sweet smile, and a nod. I respond to him by doing the same.

My eyes turn to the guy beside him, next to Liam. This guy looks a lot angrier than the others, but I'm strangely drawn to him. His thick eyebrows are furrowed, causing the top of his nose to scrunch a little. His lips look slightly plump, contrasting the sharpness of his jawline. A few black curls hang over his forehead, but he doesn't bother pulling them back. His muscles tense as he pulls his cigarette from his lips.

"Oliver," he nods at me, his expression unchanging.

"Lucy," I smile at him regardless.

"You want a beer?" Kal asks.

"She's 16!" Liam objects.

"Yes, please," I grin.

Kal bends down to pick one up from the pack on the floor.

"Are you fucking serious?" Liam grumbles.

I take the can from Kal, open it, and take a few sips, smirking up at Liam.

Just because I didn't go to many parties in New York, doesn't mean my roommates and I didn't get drunk in our room regularly.

"Refreshing," I tease.

"Unbelievable," Liam sighs.

"I like her already," Kal grins.

"So you're going to school with us now?" Alex asks.

"Yep," I nod.

"Welcome to hell," Oliver scoffs.

"I'm sure it's not that bad," I say.

"She's never been to public high school," Liam tells the others.

"You're in for a wild ride, my friend," Kal laughs.