28

Please feel free to leave comments! I love hearing from you guys, and I haven't edited this book either, so you're welcome to point out any typo's or grammar mistake!

Thank you so much for reading! I really do appreciate it!

xxx

--------------------------

"Holy shit!" I gasp, taking in the car before me.

Oliver's car is parked in my driveway, but it's not the black one he's picked me up in before. This one, is one looks like some kind of fancy race car. The front is yellow, and the back is black, with a logo I haven't seen before.

"You like it?" Ollie smirks. "It's fairly new."

"It's so sexy," I laugh. "How many cars do you have?"

"Just the two," he shrugs.

I scoff. "You know how many I have? None!"

He chuckles, and shakes his head. I pull my hand out of his, heading to open the door, but before I reach it, Oliver halts me. He presses a button on his keys, and the door lifts up, opening into the air. My mouth drops open.

"That's so fucking cool!" I holler.

Ollie laughs at me, enjoying my excitement. I step into the car, already admiring the interior.

"I feel weird sitting here," I say. "It's so fancy."

The seats are black leather, and the dashboard has a screen the size of my iPad.

"Well, get used to it, baby," Ollie smirks.

I look over at him, watching his head turn as he pulls out of the driveway.

"How does it feel having access to so much money?" I ask.

"Privileged," he says. "I donate a lot but there's so much of it."

"So how does it make you feel when you buy these expensive cars?"

"Fun. I like cars."

"See, I'd feel straight up guilty."

"I know it's a lot of money, but I make it back so quickly, I don't even notice," he shrugs. "Do you want one?"

"No!" I object. "Are you crazy? I don't need a car! I don't even have my license!"

He laughs. "Just let me know and I'll get it organised."

"You're so weird!"

"Well, your brother will be making a tonne of money soon, so if it's not me, it's him."

"Nope," I shake my head. "I will be taking care of myself."

"Good on you, baby," he smiles.

"Are your parents really as high class as they seem online?"

They're always seen in magazines and newspapers, at fancy events and dinners. It's crazy. I could see them wearing designer outfits all day long.

"Yeah," Oliver says. "My mum loves fashion, and she likes to show off her money."

"How did they meet?"

He snickers. "Now this is a great story."

"Go on."

"My mum was about 25 at the time, she was a stepper, and so was her roommate," he says. "So, her roommate brought home a guy, my dad."

"Oh wow."

"Yeah, my dads a dick. He's way older than her, and she only dated him for the money at first, but they fell in love."

"You don't like your dad?" I ask.

I know I shouldn't be thinking this, but I'm kind of hoping he doesn't. If he did, if he saw himself in his dad, I'd be worried he goes to strip clubs too. I don't mind strip clubs, but it definitely brings up my insecurities.

"Not as a father," he says. "It's more like my boss married my mum."

"Ah," I say.

Clearly, he likes his mother a lot more.

"I'm counting down the days till they move."

"Aren't you afraid?" I ask. "To be without your parents?"

"More excited than anything," he says. "I barely see them anyway."

"I'm sorry."

"Nah don't be. It doesn't bother me."

"Can I ask you something else?"

He laughs. "Of course, baby."

"When I first met you, at Kaleem's party," I begin. "You seemed so angry and annoyed, and you always look so serious. What's got you so annoyed? Did something happen to you?"

I felt a little nervous to ask, but I had to. I want to understand him better. How can he be so serious but be so loving to me?

He sucks in a deep breath, and lets it out slowly. My eyes stayed glued to him, but his only flicker to mine briefly, then return to the road. His hand is gripping the shift stick, so I reach over, and rest mine on top. A small smile appears on his face.

"Everything is completely fucked, Lucy," he says. "There's a lot of shit I have to deal with every day. There's a lot of pressure on me, and a bunch of shit I have to deal with from my childhood."

"Like, uhm, trauma?" I hesitate.

"Yeah," he sighs. "My dad is an aggressive man, and he never hid his violence from me."

"Shit," I say.

I'm not really sure what he means. Was his dad violent towards him? I don't want to push him away with more question.

"It's okay, I'm lucky to live the life I am. I shouldn't be complaining."

"No, Oliver, don't say that," I scowl. "It doesn't cancel out your struggles."

"I feel...." he hesitates. "Guilty."

"Oliver, don't. You shouldn't feel guilty."

"Can we just-" there's a bit of anger in his tone, but he dials it down. "Do you mind if we leave it at that for today? About my feelings, I mean. I know you want to get to know me more, I just hate talking about my emotions."

I nod. I understand. He's closed off, but I already have a better grasp on him than before. His anger isn't an act, but he's dealing with it. He's not a powerful robot like he seems. He struggles inside.

"Thank you for being so open to me," I say. "It must be hard for you."

"Does that bother you?" he asks. "I'm trying to make things easier for you."

I shake my head, a small smile appearing on my face.

"You're always so sweet to me," I say. "I know it takes time."

"I want you to know, Lucy," he begins. "I really want this to work out. Since I told you how I felt, I've only felt more strongly for you."

"Me too, Ollie, today is special."