50

We're so close to the end now guys! Just a couple more chapters to go!

------------------------------------

I flip through the pages of my book, completely absorbed in my world created J. K. Rowling. I've decided to re-read all the Harry Potter novels. I was so young when I read them originally, all I remember is from the movies. I've reached the second book so far, the Chamber of Secrets, and it's definitely a lot better than I expected.

Oliver's been sitting at his desk for the past hour or two, typing away at his computer. Every now and then, he'll be on the phone to someone. About every 15 minutes, he'll look up at me, 'to check if I'm not too bored'.

I've been messing with him a little here and there. He got Clyde to bring in a small armchair from another office, and positioned it on the other side of his desks. Occasionally, I'll stick my leg over to him, and wriggle my foot up the leg of his pants. He'll shoot me bored look, but doesn't ask me to stop. So, obviously, I continue to do it, a cheeky smile on my face each time.

I look up at him, taking in the frown on his face. He looks so manly in work-mode. He's so concentrated, it's almost weird to look at. Every now and then he'll pause his typing. He'll stare blankly ahead with his lips slightly parted. He'll tap his thumb against his desk rhythmically, and that's how I know he's thinking. It's pretty entertaining to watch actually.

I shut my book, placing it on the desk, and lean forward, resting my elbows on my knees.

"Oliver," I say.

"Yes, baby?" He asks, continuing to type.

"You look very serious."

"I'm working."

"I think you need a break."

"I can't. I'm working."

"I'm going to order us some pizza."

"Domino's? Use my phone, I have a tab."

I grin at him, and take the device he hands me. He doesn't have a password, so it's pretty easy to get in. I order two pizza's through UberEats, and place his phone on the desk so we can track the little car figurine as our pizzas come to us.

A knock on the door surprises me, and I turn around to see an older man standing on the other side of the glass door.

Oliver waves him inside, and I get up to move.

"No, no," he shakes his head. "Stay where you are."

"Good afternoon, Mr Ferrari," the man says, and only nods at me, not knowing my name.

"This is Ms Robins," Oliver says. "She'll be joining me through all my commitments today."

"Nice to meet you, Ms Robins," he says, and takes a seat at a normal, non-soft office chair beside me.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you too," I say.

The two men begin chatting about some kind of financial thing I know nothing about, I can't even pronounce the name. I tune out of the conversation, but I don't think it's appropriate for me to start reading my book again, so I just stare at the little cartoon car, and watch it come closer and closer to our location.

Will the pizza have to go through security?

I laugh at myself. Probably. Someone could easily stick a bomb in there, or a gun. What a great way to take out an enemy.

I'll have to keep that in mind if I ever wind up planning an assassination.

Oh god, am I foreshadowing my own future? Will I become a gun-wielding psychopath? Am I going crazy?

I shake my head. Calm down, Lucy. I've never actually thought about that before. There's a chance I could murder someone in the future. Hell, there's a chance anyone could murder someone.

Is it obvious I've been watching a lot of true crime lately?

The little car stops, right on top of the dot of our location. Heck yes. Pizza is coming up real soon.

"Lucy?" Oliver asks, catching my attention.

"Yes?"

"Are you okay?"

"The pizza's almost here."

"I'll get out of your hair," the other man says, standing up in his seat.

I nod goodbye to him, but don't bother watching him leave.

"Has anyone tried to bomb this building before?" I ask Oliver.

He frowns. "Why?"

"I was just thinking about how the pizza makes it up to the top floor," I say. "It'd have to go through security, right?"

"Yeah, but we've never been targeted that way."

"As in, you've never been targeted through pizza, or there's never been an attack on you?"

"Through pizza. We had a bomb threat last year."

"What?" I gasp.

"You didn't hear about it? It was on the news."

"No one died, right?"

"Nah, we took care of it."

"That's kind of exciting," I say. "In a thrilling kind of way."

He lets out another one of his signature deep chuckles, and I instantly feel my stomach flip.

"I love you, Lucy," he grins.

"What a coincidence," I tease. "I love you too."

"You're in a good mood."

"I think I've been sitting here for so long, I have all this pent-up energy, and now I want to move around for a bit."

"We have a gym here, if you want to use it."

I wrinkle my nose, instantly shaking my head.

"Hopefully, eating will make me tired."

"Your brother once fell asleep in my car after we had a burger eating contest."

I let out a loud laugh. I'm not sure what's more hilarious, my brother taking a nap, or the fact that they had a burger eating contest.