17

"Oh my god, no. I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to do that," I ramble, quickly pulling away from him.

I take a few steps back. As soon as my lips met his, my whole body caught on fire, and I was instantly taken aback. Our connection shocked me, and brought me down to reality.

"Lucy-," Oliver says, but I'm too afraid to listen to what he has to say, or even look at him.

"No, no, holy shit," I mumble.

I snatch the pills out of his hand, and shove them down my throat. I sip the water from my nightstand, trying to calm myself down.

What the absolute fuck, Lucy? What the heck were you thinking?

"I'm so sorry,' I shake my head. "That was an accident, I swear to go. That shouldn't have happened."

But I wanted it to.

"Lucy-,"

"No," I cut him off again.

"Look at me," he says.

"I can't."

He sighs. My eyes are glued to the floor, but when he places his hands on my shoulders, they shoot up to meet his. His expression is completely serious, but reassuring.

"Listen to me, okay?" he says.

I nod, and wait for him to continue.

"You don't need to worry about it, okay?" he assures me. "We've been spending a lot of time together, we have a lot in common. You just got swept up in the moment. We both did."

"I don't-,"

"It was an accident, okay?" he says.

"Do you even like me?" I question, my tone harsh. "Like, as a person?"

"Yes," he scowls. "Of course I do."

"Are you sure you're not just hanging around for Liam?"

"What?! No!" he denies.

"Because if you are, I totally understand."

"No, Lucy, definitely not," he shakes his head. "Why the hell would I do that? I wouldn't just take days off work for anybody."

I don't respond. I know he means it. I just let my insecurity get to me. But now, I'm starting to feel guilty for letting him stay with me for so long.

"Are you sure your dad doesn't mind you being away for so long?" I ask.

"Yes, Lucy," he urges. "I can catch up later, it doesn't matter. I want to be here for you, to help you get better, and to be there for you. We haven't even spoken about the emotional stuff you must be going through. Lucy, I care about you, and I want to be there for you, because I like you. It has nothing to do with your brother."

I take in his words, my eyes searching his. He's being completely genuine. He relaxes his forehead, and tugs at my shoulders. My body falls against his, his arms pressing my head against his chest. I embrace his waist, and relax into him.

I replay his previous words over in my head. We both got swept up in the moment. Both of us. It wasn't just me who wanted to kiss.

"I'm sorry," I whisper, feeling much more relieved.

"It's fine, Lucy, really," he says. "It was bound to happen."

"It was?"

I'm hoping to get a bit more out of him.

"Yeah, of course, we definitely have a connection," he tells me. "Don't you think?"

"I do," I nod.

I thought so the night we first talked, and I still think so. Besides, I'm unbelievably attracted to him. How could I not be? He looks so tough and angry, but he's actually really sweet and caring.

The way he talks is so genuine, and our conversations flow far too easy. We get along far too well.

Holy shit.

Do I have a crush on Oliver?