26

"Alright, so," Alex begins. "I was just driving down the freeway, minding my own business right? It wasn't too busy, no traffic or anything. And suddenly, this huge ass truck speeds passed me. Like, I was driving a little too fast, but this driver was a fucking lunatic, okay? So it scares the shit outta me, but I keep t cool and keep on driving. Then, there's a bend in the road. It's not a sharp turn or anything because it's the freeway. But this truck fucking stacks it! Literally, it just falls over right on the curve!"

"Holy shit," Mary gasps.

"That's fucking wild," Liam laughs.

"How stupid can you be though?" Ollie scoffs. "Driving trucks is fucking dangerous."

"Don't worry," Alex laughs. "It wasn't a Ferrari Freight truck."

"It better fucking not be," Ollie chuckles. "We're strict as fuck about out drivers and pilots."

"No work talk!" Kal calls. "You need to relax."

Ollie takes the beer he hands him. I lean back in my chair, letting out a sigh.

We've been hanging out around the outside dining set all night, just laughing and having a good time. It's been a super nice night so far, and it's not over yet. The whole gang is spending the night, so everyone can have some drinks. No one is drunk though, but I'm still the soberest.

"I can't wait to be done with high school," Mary says.

"Same though, I'm so fucking done," Kal grumbles.

"I'm so jealous," I sigh. "Maybe I should drop out."

My comment is negatively received, and I only get a response of a chorus of 'no's'. I let out a loud laugh, watching the strict look on Liam's face.

"high school fucking sucks but you just gotta get it over with," Alex says.

"I guess," I sigh. "I just want to read books forever."

"You should become an editor!" Kal exclaims.

"I totally would, that'd be perfect, but there's barely any jobs," I say. "If I need to spend a shit tonne of money on college, I want to get something sustainable out of it."

"I like the way you think," Kal chuckles.

"You can always come work for me," Oliver says.

I turn my head to look at him. He's sitting right next to me, our arms and legs touching. I analyse his expression, but I can't find a hint of sarcasm.

Is he serious?

"I'm not sure what I want yet," I frown.

"That's okay, you don't need to decide yet," he assures me.

"Just make sure you go to college, yeah?" Liam gives me a pointed look.

I nod, but I'm not sure, and he knows it.

This whole thing stresses me about anyway. I don't want to think about the future, I feel like it's all I do.

"You guys wanna head inside?" I ask. "I'm getting a little chilly."

That's not completely true. I'm actually just getting tired. It's already past midnight, which is way past my bedtime. I'm an early sleeper. We've been talking and laughing all night, but it's time for a nap.

"We should probably get the beds ready," Liam says.

"I'm ready for a nap, to be honest," Alex says.

"Let's go in then," Mary gets up from her chair, Liam following right behind her.

We each carry in our drinks and any food we have out here, and dump them all on the dining table. My parents went to bed ages ago, but they're both deep sleepers. The boys begin moving around the furniture, while Mary and I fill the floor with camping mattresses. We chuck a sleeping bag on each of them, and switch on the TV.

I've had such a great night, but the celebrations just going to have to continue tomorrow. I need to sleep.

"I think I'm gonna get changed," I sigh, turning to Mary.

"Yeah, its pyjama time," she grins.

I laugh at her, taking the hand she offers me. We head down the hallway and into our room. I instantly unbutton my jeans, and unclip my bra. She does the same, and we wriggle out of our clothes together.

"Isn't it weird how guys don't get changed together?" Mary chuckles.

"I know right!" I laugh. "Homohysteria at its finest."

"I wonder if they're in Liam's room now, getting changed."

"Probably taking their turns in the bathroom.

"Fucking weirdos," she chuckles.

I quickly slip into a pair of shorts and a top, and sit down to wipe off my make up. Mary joins me.

Unsurprisingly, my mind drifts backs to Oliver. I'm so freaking excited about our date tomorrow. I've been going crazy all week, just wanting to be around him more and more. He's been on my mind non-stop, even distracting me from my school work.

"You're so lucky to have met your soulmate this young," I sigh.

"I can't even imagine how hard it would be to be alone if you wanted a soulmate."

"I'd love to want to be soulmate less for the rest of my life, but I got tricked by Disney."

"Dammit Walt," Mary chuckles. "Tricked us into believing something we don't want."

"You done?" I ask.

"Yep," she nods, throwing her make up wipe into the bin.

We make our way back to the living room, returning to the boys. They haven't even gotten changed, they're still in their sweatpants, but I assume that's what they're sleeping in any way.

Oliver meets my eyes, giving me cheeky smile. I take a seat next to him on the couch, linking our elbows. He smells of smoke and alcohol, but he's not acting any different than usual. The others are all loudly talking about something or other, but Ollie and I whisper to each other.

"Hey baby," he says. "Are you getting tired?"

"Yeah," I nod. "Aren't you?"

He shakes his head. "You should go to sleep."

"This is so nice though," I say "Everyone's laughing and just having a great time."

Ollie sighs and takes in the group around us. His eyes flicker over at me, but then he hushes the others.

"Do you guys want to watch a movie?" he asks.

"Yes!" Kal calls. "They just got that new Disney movie with the giant pillow robot on Netflix!"

"Big Hero Six?" Alex asks.

"That's it!"

"That's such a good movie!" Mary gasps.

"Everyone cool with that?" I ask, receiving a bunch of nods in response.

Liam grabs the TV remote off the table, and opens up Netflix. I lean back in my chair, silently thanking Oliver for his idea. Now, I can relax, and fall asleep.